IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

A Veteran Sniper Is Working To Grow America's Hottest Shooting Sport

Post by Paladin »

Forbes: A Veteran Sniper Is Working To Grow America's Hottest Shooting Sport
The Precision Rifle Series (PRS) is often described as the NASCAR of shooting. It is a series of matches, held at ranges and shooting facilities around the world, where a points race culminates in a national title match. The target distances are long, the shots are tricky and the time limits are unbelievably short. The shooters who participate are among the best in the world, when it comes to shooting a precision rifle.

A typical PRS stage requires a competitor to engage multiple targets from 300 to 1200 yards, usually within 90 seconds or less. Over the course of a two-day match, shooters will usually fire around 200 rounds. Shots must be taken from a variety of improvised shooting positions and competitors are often required to move from one firing point to another during a stage. To be in the game, shooters must combine extreme accuracy with speed, agility and creativity...
You can find matches here in Texas
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: A Veteran Sniper Is Working To Grow America's Hottest Shooting Sport

Post by Paladin »

LDP wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:40 pm I've seen videos of some of these matches, the competitors are amazing.
If I was any better at longer range target engagement (I am good only up to 300 for now), I'd participate.
Let me rephrase that: once I train beyond 300, I'll be happy to join.

I've heard a rumor that one year, a brand new team showed up and cleaned out all the trophies. Turns out, it was a USMC sniper and his spotter shortly after their return from their deployment overseas. Can someone confirm/disprove this, please?
Appleseed is a decent place to start to work on your 400-to-500 yard skills, but PRS really demands specialized equipment and training. Fortunately the equipment is getting better and easier to find.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Competitive Shooting”