Legislative updates via email

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Locked

Topic author
texas297
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: The parched earth of North Texas

Legislative updates via email

#1

Post by texas297 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:06 pm

The last 2 legislative sessions (2003 and 2005) I used a site then sent out emails whenever there was some kind of activity related to bills that concerned firearms. The messages were generally sent out weekly.

I cannot remember the site for the life of me and cannot find it in my bookmarks.

Any idea what that site may be?

Thanks
David

User avatar

Skiprr
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6458
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: Outskirts of Houston

Re: Legislative updates via email

#2

Post by Skiprr » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:39 pm

texas297 wrote:The last 2 legislative sessions (2003 and 2005) I used a site then sent out emails whenever there was some kind of activity related to bills that concerned firearms. The messages were generally sent out weekly.

I cannot remember the site for the life of me and cannot find it in my bookmarks.

Any idea what that site may be?
David: This may be what you need:

http://www.tsra.com/?p=page&id=36

Most of the rest of the legislative and news-worthy info at the TSRA site is static, and posted to the site periodically.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member


Topic author
texas297
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: The parched earth of North Texas

Re: Legislative updates via email

#3

Post by texas297 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:47 pm

Skiprr wrote:
texas297 wrote:The last 2 legislative sessions (2003 and 2005) I used a site then sent out emails whenever there was some kind of activity related to bills that concerned firearms. The messages were generally sent out weekly.

I cannot remember the site for the life of me and cannot find it in my bookmarks.

Any idea what that site may be?
David: This may be what you need:

http://www.tsra.com/?p=page&id=36

Most of the rest of the legislative and news-worthy info at the TSRA site is static, and posted to the site periodically.
Thanks Skippr.

That's not it as the site I'm looking for was maintained by a private person, not an organization.

I will go ahead and sign up for the alerts from TSRA.

Thanks again,
David


Topic author
texas297
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: The parched earth of North Texas

Re: Legislative updates via email

#4

Post by texas297 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:49 pm

texas297 wrote:
Skiprr wrote:
texas297 wrote:The last 2 legislative sessions (2003 and 2005) I used a site then sent out emails whenever there was some kind of activity related to bills that concerned firearms. The messages were generally sent out weekly.

I cannot remember the site for the life of me and cannot find it in my bookmarks.

Any idea what that site may be?
David: This may be what you need:

http://www.tsra.com/?p=page&id=36

Most of the rest of the legislative and news-worthy info at the TSRA site is static, and posted to the site periodically.
Thanks Skippr.

That's not it as the site I'm looking for was maintained by a private person, not an organization.

I will go ahead and sign up for the alerts from TSRA.

Thanks again,
David
Sweet! Thanks.

User avatar

tomneal
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

here it is

#5

Post by tomneal » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:03 pm

http://ptb.org/mailman/listinfo/txalert

The individual is Paul Barnett.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal


KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 3:32 am
Location: Texarkana

Re: here it is

#6

Post by KBCraig » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:07 pm

tomneal wrote:http://ptb.org/mailman/listinfo/txalert

The individual is Paul Barnett.
I've sure missed him over at tx.guns.

User avatar

tomneal
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

tx.guns

#7

Post by tomneal » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:09 pm

I dropped out of tx.guns.

There is some guy that doesn't like guns, that got a DWI 20 years ago. I got tired of reading about it.

I suspect Paul has left as well.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal


KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 3:32 am
Location: Texarkana

Re: tx.guns

#8

Post by KBCraig » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:21 pm

tomneal wrote:I dropped out of tx.guns.

There is some guy that doesn't like guns, that got a DWI 20 years ago. I got tired of reading about it.

I suspect Paul has left as well.
The key is effective filtering, because of the cross-posted nonsense. If you only read the stuff that is posted to tx.guns and not cross-posted, there's very little bad stuff.

Of course, there's very little good stuff left after the filters, either.

Kevin


Topic author
texas297
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: The parched earth of North Texas

Re: here it is

#9

Post by texas297 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:05 pm

tomneal wrote:http://ptb.org/mailman/listinfo/txalert

The individual is Paul Barnett.
Yuppers, that's it.

Thanks Tom.


KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 3:32 am
Location: Texarkana

#10

Post by KBCraig » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:18 am

What timing!

Just tonight, I received this:

Subject: [TXalert] Reactivation of TXalert mailing list

The TX legislature convenes again on 2008-01-09, but pre-filing of bills
has been ongoing for a couple of months.

I'll be reactivating the mailing list as soon as I get a good download
of files from the TX legislature's FTP server. Unfortunately, it's
acting a bit wonky at the moment (it looks like they changed to a
Microsoft FTP server :-)

I'll try again tomorrow morning and will send out the first report as
soon as practical. I won't be archiving the emailed reports as before,
but you'll always be able to review the list of bills that generated an
alert at:

http://www.ptb.org/txalert/2007/

(that webpage is empty at the moment)


Topic author
texas297
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: The parched earth of North Texas

#11

Post by texas297 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:07 am

KBCraig wrote:What timing!

Just tonight, I received this:

Subject: [TXalert] Reactivation of TXalert mailing list

The TX legislature convenes again on 2008-01-09, but pre-filing of bills
has been ongoing for a couple of months.

I'll be reactivating the mailing list as soon as I get a good download
of files from the TX legislature's FTP server. Unfortunately, it's
acting a bit wonky at the moment (it looks like they changed to a
Microsoft FTP server :-)

I'll try again tomorrow morning and will send out the first report as
soon as practical. I won't be archiving the emailed reports as before,
but you'll always be able to review the list of bills that generated an
alert at:

http://www.ptb.org/txalert/2007/

(that webpage is empty at the moment)
I did too. I guess if one has been on the list before he kept one on it this year.


kauboy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:15 pm
Location: Burleson, Lone Star State (of course)

#12

Post by kauboy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:51 pm

Uh... he does mean 2007, right? I'd hate to think that I slept through another entire year. :razz:
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Locked

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”