Yet another reason why HB991 needs to pass.

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Venus Pax »

Jason73 wrote: If the author believes this information should be made available then I think I should be permitted to require my neighbors to undergo the same criminal background check I had to go thru in obtaining my CHL because I want to know if I have a spouse/child beater, drug pusher, arsonist, rapist, etc living next to me - turnabout is fair play right?
:iagree:
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

Yes sir.
yea buddy.
Ofcoarse.
Sure nuff.
Absotively pozalutely,
You bet.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

byronw999

Post by byronw999 »

I hope yall are emailing your state senator about this.. I for one dont want to be a break-in target because some liberal newspaper decides to print our info.

To: BYRONW999@YAHOO.COM
Subject: CHL Confidentiality On The Move
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 16:38:43 -0500
From: "alert@tsra.com" <alert@tsra.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Texas State Rifle Association Political Action Committe

HB 991 by Rep. Rose (D-Dripping Springs) and Sen. Deuell (R-Greenville) took a giant step forward by passing in Senate State Affairs Committee.

TSRA discovered that a Texas hunting licensee enjoys more privacy than a CHL. Only law enforcement should have access to information about a CHL.

HB 991 now moves to the floor of the Senate.

It takes 21 votes to bring up a bill on the Senate floor for consideration and then a simple majority to pass.

Please, today, email your Texas State Senator and urge them to vote to consider HB 991 and then vote FOR HB 991 and send it to Governor Perry. Thank the members of Senate State Affairs; Senators Duncan, Williams, Carona, Harris, Jackson, Fraser, and Lucio for passing HB 991. Senators Ellis and Van de Putte voted NAY.

Contact information for State Senators can be found at http://www.senate.state.tx.us/75r/Senate/Members.htm

T

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”