Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

HB 233...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Interesting analysis...

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 00233I.HTM

I thought there was a larger precentage of "veterans" in the Texas CHL community...

They say only 11.2% out of the entire number of CHL licensees...

So the fiscal impact to the revenue generated is less that I thought...

The numbers in the report are very interesting...And the projection out to 2012 proves how little an impact it is...

Like I said I wish this had gone through 2 years ago...Our license budget would have been cut in half...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

OverEasy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OverEasy »

Stevie D,

This is a quote from the link you provided:

"the Comptroller of Public Accounts assumed that 11.2 percent of current licenses belong to veterans."

I'ld be willing to bet he/she ASSUMED wrong.

It would be interesting to know the REAL percentage of veterans that hold CHL.

Someone with computer skill could probably poll the forum and get an estimate.

Regards, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

OE,

Thats what I'm still kinda thinking...But at this point I (and many others) would like to see this pass for obvious reasons...

What gets me is how do they know??? I do not recall anywhere in the paperwork I fill out where it asks me if I am a veteran...Or anything about a discharge status or condition...

Unless during the "investigation" the DPS discovers this information...

I believe at this point a veteran would have to file a copy of your DD-214 with this particular state office for the waiver of any fees to take place...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lrb111 »

stevie_d_64 wrote:OE,

Thats what I'm still kinda thinking...But at this point I (and many others) would like to see this pass for obvious reasons...

What gets me is how do they know??? I do not recall anywhere in the paperwork I fill out where it asks me if I am a veteran...Or anything about a discharge status or condition...

I believe at this point a veteran would have to file a copy of your DD-214 with this particular state office for the waiver of any fees to take place...
Residence:
Fort Hood
Lackland Air Force Base
Dyess Air Force base

:lol: I know having lived at such a place does not make one a veteran, but I thought it was funny.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

lrb111 wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:OE,

Residence:
Fort Hood
Lackland Air Force Base
Dyess Air Force base

:lol: I know having lived at such a place does not make one a veteran, but I thought it was funny.
True...True...

I had an FPO for a while...

I'm still betting we'd have to file a DD-214 with this agency to get the fees waived...That wouldn't be that bad a thing either...Would probably save them and us time in investigations if we submitted a certified copy...

But I guess we'll have to see if they can figure out a plan to implement this bill if it becomes law...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”