Wal-Mart and S.B. 534

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bajorn5
Posts in topic: 2

Wal-Mart and S.B. 534

Post by bajorn5 »

It did not pass right? They think it did apparently because there was a policy update notice with a new form to notify them in my work email today. They send them out to everyone in the affected area so I would assume all TX management received one. It was quit funny so I printed one out because I would think they will fix it eventually.
Walther PPS 9mm

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It didn't pass; it died on the House Calendar on the last day bills could be debated. There were something like 175 bills that died that day. The Dems blocked consideration of any bills for the first 40 days or so of the Session. This doomed many bills because of time.

Chas.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Even though it didn't pass, I find it funny as well that the management would send an email out anyway on the issue...

No job is worth my life, but this email request would be ignored...

Do what you feel is important to you...

I would get a lockable safe that doesn't look like it should have anything they would be concerned about what might be in it...Say you use it for traveling and that your wife has the combo or key for it...If they ask...

There's been a lot of discussion on this and that is just my personal take on it...

What gets me a little is that here is a company requesting this information, yet no law to support the request...

Sure they can ask, and they can certainly search, under penalty of termination if you refuse, or admit to violating a company policy...

See, this is a direction I had a gut feeling was going to happen...Regardless if the law passed or not...

I am not at all surprised...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
bajorn5
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bajorn5 »

Actually they ban firearms from being possessed by employees on there property while working by policy and have exemptions for states that legally require it. There form references S.B. 534 and states it as to why there is a policy exemption.

At this moment I could turn one in and store it in my car I suppose because it is there policy they are modifying. But they will likely fix it when they find out they do not have to offer the exemption by law.

It is a mistake on there legal department part most likely.
Walther PPS 9mm

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”