Looking for LTC Instructor in SE TX Sensitive to Covid-19 Risk Group

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Acronym Esq
Posts in topic: 2

Looking for LTC Instructor in SE TX Sensitive to Covid-19 Risk Group

Post by Acronym Esq »

My friend has a couple Covid-19 comorbidities (age, BP), but he's not frail. He wants to take an LTC class, but not in a room full of mouth-breathers. Small class size? Online? Outside? In a pool? Idunno. He would prefer online. He's in NW Houston, but is willing to drive an hour or so if necessary (SE TX area?). He's had some basic firearms instruction, he has limited firearm experience, and LTC is new to him. He's willing to split the classroom and practical or do them together.

He's probably not the only one who waited until TEOTWAWKI, so I'm asking in a public forum (sensitive to Forum Rule 14):
Any recommendations for an LTC instructor sensitive to the 'rona?

I'll take PM's if that's appropriate. I'll also accept links to the thread asking the same thing that I couldn't find.

Mod note: My friend is new to CHL, so I thought this forum was proper. Other option might be "Instructors , Classes and Training". Feel free to move this thread if you think that's appropriate.

Acronym 7/14/2020 9:25 AM

edit: corrected location to NW Houston
Last edited by Acronym Esq on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for LTC Instructor in SE TX Sensitive to Covid-19 Risk Group

Post by AF-Odin »

Personally, though I am not a fan of the on-line program, that may be the way to go. Find an accommodating instructor for the 1-2 hour instruction and then the demonstration of shooting proficiency. I have handled a number of 1-1 completions for on-line. Either that or find an instructor willing to do the whole course 1-1. I have also done this. Depending on the particular range, a 1-1 can be done using mask and social distancing. Unfortunately, I am a bit far as I live near Fort Hood, 20 miles west of I-35. Might check with Charles, Moderator as he lives much nearer. GL
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

STR8-SHOT

Post by STR8-SHOT »

While some understandably prefer the live LTC course, the online option is currently a safer and more convenient option given the current COVID situation. My online LTC course is professionally recorded and thoroughly presented. Some of my students have told me that they have listened to my law section multiple times so that they can better remember all of the laws that they will be held responsible to follow. Students have access to the course material for one full year, and I’m always available for questions.

It would be much easier for your friend to safely take the LTC course online and then find a local LTC instructor to conduct the shorter proficiency demonstration one on one. I’d gladly do it, but I’m in the Dallas area. I might have an affiliate instructor near him who could help with the shooting portion. PM me for more info and I’ll provide your friend with a discount on my online LTC course to help him out.

David

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Send me a PM. I can work out something with them for a private session, I"m sure.

VT
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Acronym Esq
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Acronym Esq »

Thanks a lot, STR8-SHOT and Vol Texan. You guys really make this community look good. I'm excited about connecting my friend with you guys.

Acronym 7/15/2020 8:26 PM

Return to “New to CHL?”