Waco Instructors

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
mec
Posts in topic: 2

Waco Instructors

Post by mec »

While the number of instructors state-wide has increase during the last reporting period, a number of the Waco/Mclennan County instructors seems to have decreased. There are two particularly good and active ones here.

Coy Jones and Charlie Bates are both located in Waco. They are both veteran law enforcement officers and the sort of real gentleman you hope to find when looking for this kind of instruction.

Lonegun1894

Post by Lonegun1894 »

When i forst got my CHL, i went through Coy Jones. Defintely a very good instructor, and a great guy too. I recently got a range membership with Carl Chandler, so my renewal will be through him. Another great guy, just not as close as Coy. Carl's place is about 18-20 miles outside Waco though so it's a bit of a drive, but it's the best range i've seen around here.
Paul
Paul
USN/USMC '00-'05
CHL/NRA/Hunter Safety instructor
TCLEOSE

Topic author
mec

Post by mec »

Carl is a very active trainer with a range near Valley Mills. He also conducts some specialized law enforcement training.

Lonegun1894

Post by Lonegun1894 »

Carl has enough time in his field to know what he's talking about and be very good. Like you said, he also does some specialized training for LE, but also offers other training for civilians thats worth looking into. I know i'm planning on taking as much out there as i can get.
Paul
USN/USMC '00-'05
CHL/NRA/Hunter Safety instructor
TCLEOSE

Return to “New to CHL?”