Signs for the CHLer

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

bizarrenormality

Re: Signs for the CHLer

Post by bizarrenormality »

DJFriar wrote:If the gunbuster sign is on the building that my employer leases, and there are other tenants in the building, then it should be all clear then, right?
It's clear that Texas is an employment at will state. :biggrinjester:

radiandd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by radiandd »

Question... The last sign shown, by City of Longview Ordinance...
I know that area of buildings.... and I believe those all are City of Longview Buildings (near the Police, City Hall, City Library, City Engineers, etc).
Doesn't that Qualify as government property and not need signage?
Thanks,
New guy

jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbarn »

radiandd wrote:Question... The last sign shown, by City of Longview Ordinance...
I know that area of buildings.... and I believe those all are City of Longview Buildings (near the Police, City Hall, City Library, City Engineers, etc).
Thanks,
New guy
What?
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

jmra

Post by jmra »

jbarn wrote:
radiandd wrote:Question... The last sign shown, by City of Longview Ordinance...
Thanks,
New guy
What?
:smilelol5:
At least say "welcome to the forum" first. "rlol"
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

jmra wrote:
jbarn wrote:
Thanks,
New guy
What?

Ooops. Didn't notice his post count.....
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmorris »

Thanks,
New guy
Gonna take a guess here. Public property, except in very specific cases, cannot be posted. The last sign on the first post is improperly posted since it's on a city building. If all City of Long view buildings are posted, they are all improperly posted. Except, as said, for certain exceptions. You may carry but if you do, make sure your weapon stays concealed or you will probably be hassled.

I believe you're thinking that this property is automatically off-limits. It's the opposite, it cannot be placed off-limits.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CoolBreeze »

Great Post!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

radiandd

Post by radiandd »

jmorris wrote:
Thanks,
New guy
Gonna take a guess here. Public property, except in very specific cases, cannot be posted. The last sign on the first post is improperly posted since it's on a city building. If all City of Long view buildings are posted, they are all improperly posted. Except, as said, for certain exceptions. You may carry but if you do, make sure your weapon stays concealed or you will probably be hassled.

I believe you're thinking that this property is automatically off-limits. It's the opposite, it cannot be placed off-limits.
Thanks, so much responsibility with this little card...

radiandd

Post by radiandd »

jbarn wrote:
jmra wrote:
jbarn wrote:
Thanks,
New guy
What?

Uhm.... sorry if I did/said something out of protocol....

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pawpaw »

radiandd wrote:
jbarn wrote:
jmra wrote:
jbarn wrote:
Thanks,
New guy
What?

You did absolutely nothing wrong. jmra was just taking a little joking poke at jbarn. ;-)

Welcome to the nut house!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

jmra

Post by jmra »

Pawpaw wrote:
radiandd wrote:
jbarn wrote:
jmra wrote:
jbarn wrote:
Thanks,
New guy
What?

You did absolutely nothing wrong. jmra was just taking a little joking poke at jbarn. ;-)

Welcome to the nut house!
Yes, Radiandd, welcome to the forum. Like Pawpaw said I was having a little fun with jbarn. Hang around. Lots of good people and good info.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Thanks,
New guy

The last sign is the old 30.05 that is posted in the Longview police department building. This is the police station where you go pay tickets, get police reports, etc. There is a municipal courtroom in that building but you have to walk through a metal detector to enter the courtroom. My opinion, ignore the sign as it does not apply to CHL and even if Longview did post the legal 30.06 sign, it would not matter cause the building is owned by the city thus a government entity. Just as long as you don't go into the courtroom, carry on, just make sure its concealed well because I promise you that the LEOs in the building do not know the fine points of the Texas penal code 30.06.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Can somebody please revive this thread? I'm brand new to CHL (just waiting on my card that was mailed Friday 6-20-14) and I would like to see the photos that the OP posted that are now dead links (404 file not found). Are there newer photos of signs that can be posted so we can have a visual of whats currently compliant with the law versus outdated signs that aren't?

Love this forum, btw, thanks for being here and being so welcoming......this is an amazing resource that I just can't get enough of!!
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

Fuchs

Post by Fuchs »

mtnthundr2 wrote:Can somebody please revive this thread? I'm brand new to CHL (just waiting on my card that was mailed Friday 6-20-14) and I would like to see the photos that the OP posted that are now dead links (404 file not found). Are there newer photos of signs that can be posted so we can have a visual of whats currently compliant with the law versus outdated signs that aren't?
The 51% sign shows up for me. So does the old 30.06 sign. The new 30.06 sign is basically the same size but reference "Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code" instead of "4413 (29ee) Revised Statutes" (or V.C.S.) as the concealed handgun law.

Fuchs

Post by Fuchs »

Here's a new 30.06 sign.

Here's a TABC blue sign warning unlicensed carry becomes a felony where alcohol is sold/served instead of the usual misdemeanor.

Return to “New to CHL?”