Reason you decided to get CHL ?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Porky
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Reason you decided to get CHL ?

Post by Porky »

New to the forum and just received my CHL today in the mail.

Pretty much for the same reason everyone else.

1. Evil is everywhere. I live in a small town on the border(Laredo TX) DRUG CARTELS are a jump hop and a skip away and im more than sure there is some living on this side. I go wheeling on the edge of the river and illegals and drug cartels are always crossing over. Don't want to run in with one while out having fun, so yea thats why i carry.
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.~
Clint Eastwood

Plastic in hand June 7, 2013

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chuck j »

What do you do for fun Porky ?

Dirthawking

Post by Dirthawking »

Cause I can't take an butt whooping like I used to.... :mrgreen:
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Gunner4640 »

Porky wrote:New to the forum and just received my CHL today in the mail.

1. Evil is everywhere. I live in a small town on the border(Laredo TX) DRUG CARTELS are a jump hop and a skip away and im more than sure there is some living on this side. I go wheeling on the edge of the river and illegals and drug cartels are always crossing over. Don't want to run in with one while out having fun, so yea thats why i carry.
By what I have seen on Border Wars, I would be carrying more than one gun and wearing a vest in that town. Be safe there :txflag:
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Porky

Post by Porky »

chuck j wrote:What do you do for fun Porky ?

Out at the ranch, hunting and fishing(on the river). But what i do the most is hang out with my off-road club and we like to go wheeling on the edge of the river. We haven't experienced it yet but we are sharing off-road trails with border patrol agents and since there is a neighborhood real close by its a favorite spot for illegals and drug cartels to cross people/drugs
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.~
Clint Eastwood

Porky

Post by Porky »

Gunner4640 wrote:

By what I have seen on Border Wars, I would be carrying more than one gun and wearing a vest in that town. Be safe there :txflag:

Yea as soon as i start having a little more money coming in i will be purchasing more guns so i can have an equal chance at winning the fight. AR15 is definitely on my wish list, they just got so expensive...but i will own one soon.
Clint Eastwood

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

Porky wrote:
Gunner4640 wrote:

Yea as soon as i start having a little more money coming in i will be purchasing more guns so i can have an equal chance at winning the fight. AR15 is definitely on my wish list, they just got so expensive...but i will own one soon.
I hope you get the AR with lots of ammo. I've never been to Laredo but have crossed the border in Brownsville for a short trip.. I was glad to get back on my own side. I bet the area is really nice there but the people operating there sure mess it up for others. Good luck and stay armed, stay alert and be safe.
Welcome to the forum also.
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Porky

Post by Porky »

Gunner4640 wrote:
Porky wrote:
Gunner4640 wrote:

I hope you get the AR with lots of ammo. I've never been to Laredo but have crossed the border in Brownsville for a short trip.. I was glad to get back on my own side. I bet the area is really nice there but the people operating there sure mess it up for others. Good luck and stay armed, stay alert and be safe.
Welcome to the forum also.

yea ammo is on the wish list too lol...yea Laredo is beautiful but the bad apples on both side of the borders sure do know how to mess things up.

Thanks alot..i sure will...same to you bud. :patriot:
Clint Eastwood

armanius

Post by armanius »

Be safe there Porky! Congrats on getting the CHL!

BTW, AR15 prices seem to be finally coming down. Seen some in the low $700's now.
04.03.2013 Mailed Documents
06.19.2013 Received CHL
NRA Member

Julie

Post by Julie »

I've wanted to get my CHL for a long time, but I did it now because:

1. Too many people who don't want us to.
2. I'm female.
3. In addition to my weapon, I also pack a 2.5 year old, a 1.5 year old, and another that I carry even closer than my 9mm. That one will make his/her appearance later this year.

If there was ever an easy target, it's me.

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

Julie wrote:I've wanted to get my CHL for a long time, but I did it now because:

1. Too many people who don't want us to.
2. I'm female.
3. In addition to my weapon, I also pack a 2.5 year old, a 1.5 year old, and another that I carry even closer than my 9mm. That one will make his/her appearance later this year.

If there was ever an easy target, it's me.
LOVE IT!
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

CedarElm7

Post by CedarElm7 »

My wife and I decided to get our CHL's because of concern over the Obama administration's attack on our Second Amendment rights. We also went on a crash learning (and acquisition) program regarding firearms, ammunition, and safes. We were (and still are) concerned that foolish federal regulations may someday prohibit (or severely limit) the issuing of additional licenses, additional firearms, and additional ammunition. The current administration seems intent on curtailing or eliminating the Second Amendment and all our rights associated with it. It seemed prudent to prepare for such a crisis.

In addition, of course, we live in a rather dangerous world, and I believe it is incumbent on responsible citizens to be prepared to defend ourselves if necessary. I have been negligent in this area for many years, so I am working hard to get as much education, training, and practice as possible with handguns, rifles, and shotguns, and to carry a handgun responsibly.

:patriot: :txflag:
*Texas CHL* *NRA* *TSRA* *SAF* *GOA* *NSSF* Μολών Λαβέ

armanius

Post by armanius »

100% agreement!!
CedarElm7 wrote:My wife and I decided to get our CHL's because of concern over the Obama administration's attack on our Second Amendment rights. We also went on a crash learning (and acquisition) program regarding firearms, ammunition, and safes. We were (and still are) concerned that foolish federal regulations may someday prohibit (or severely limit) the issuing of additional licenses, additional firearms, and additional ammunition. The current administration seems intent on curtailing or eliminating the Second Amendment and all our rights associated with it. It seemed prudent to prepare for such a crisis.

In addition, of course, we live in a rather dangerous world, and I believe it is incumbent on responsible citizens to be prepared to defend ourselves if necessary. I have been negligent in this area for many years, so I am working hard to get as much education, training, and practice as possible with handguns, rifles, and shotguns, and to carry a handgun responsibly.

:patriot: :txflag:
04.03.2013 Mailed Documents
06.19.2013 Received CHL
NRA Member

ATX-Carry

Post by ATX-Carry »

Hi everyone- I'm new here and thought I'd chime in in the topic.

We live in a 'gentrified' neighborhood in Austin and have had several run ins that could have become very violent, as well as a break-in that left us shaken up somewhat. The ability to flee isn't always going to be an option. See the youtube video below.

[youtube]zQNmj2gSq6A[/youtube]

Or http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zQNmj2gSq6A

As a result we armed up and started going to the range. That has resulted in our family having a great time and evolved into a family outing- so we did pull something positive out of the experience. Also, giving my son his first, a Ruger 10/22, was a special moment and bond for us that I will always cherish.

The fact that guys like the one in my video exist and probably live near me is reason enough to carry for us. That he and his ilk can and probably do carry is an even bigger reason to be prepared. My family is too precious to not carry any longer.
64 days from class to license
Sig SP2022 9mm / Ruger LC9 / MAK-90 (monster-trucked) / Tristar Raptor 12ga
Wife's: / Bersa Thunder CC -- Son's: Ruger 10/22 / Sig Mosquito .22

sunny beach
Banned

Post by sunny beach »

ATX-Carry wrote:The fact that guys like the one in my video exist and probably live near me is reason enough to carry for us. That he and his ilk can and probably do carry is an even bigger reason to be prepared. My family is too precious to not carry any longer.
[youtube][/youtube]

At the beginning of the video, I thought he was going to steal the bikes. It took him a lot of tries to break down the door, but after he did, he was in and out very quickly. It's like he knew where they keep the iced tea and skittles.

Return to “New to CHL?”