The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: New to TX CHL

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

brhalltx wrote:
C-dub wrote:One with black beans and one without any beans.
Hmmm, you're on the edge... Beans in chili is a sure sign of Yankeeism. :txflag:
This is true.

Topic author
ripnbst
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ripnbst »

I have already taken the test, phew that was tough but I passed...

Some things I was told in the course that I know for a fact to be wrong:

1. If holster is showing, congratulations, you are now brandishing.

2. If you are printing, congratulations, you are now brandishing.

3. You cannot take appropriate action against LEO in self defense if the LEO is acting unlawfully. Now I know this is a touchy subject and a dangerous line to cross and I am not advocating violence against LE, but as stated, that is incorrect. If someone starts assaulting my wife because she turned down his advances I am going to act as the situation dictates regardless of what that person does for a living.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

1. If holster is showing, congratulations, you are now brandishing.
Not in Texas unless its intentional.
2. If you are printing, congratulations, you are now brandishing.
Not in Texas unless its intentional
3. You cannot take appropriate action against LEO in self defense if the LEO is acting unlawfully. Now I know this is a touchy subject and a dangerous line to cross and I am not advocating violence against LE, but as stated, that is incorrect. If someone starts assaulting my wife because she turned down his advances I am going to act as the situation dictates regardless of what that person does for a living.
This situation is not going to happen, and I believe stare decisis is now that you don't have that right actually. Pragmatically draw a gun on a cop and you are going to die, but there won't be a situation where you need to draw a gun on a cop. Its best to drop that issue and discussion.

Topic author
ripnbst

Post by ripnbst »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
This situation is not going to happen, and I believe stare decisis is now that you don't have that right actually. Pragmatically draw a gun on a cop and you are going to die, but there won't be a situation where you need to draw a gun on a cop. Its best to drop that issue and discussion.
ORLY?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wont post the raw 10 min video due to the nature of the hosting site but by all means search the web.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Yes really.
1. People have died from getting hit by meteorites too. Strangely, unless you're an astronaut, its not something to train for.
2. I believe having discussions about self defense scenarios against police is not something this board supports. You might be advised to drop that subject. :tiphat:

EDIT: I am going to go away now, in case I am misinterpreting what you want to discuss. Just know this board does not support LEO bashing, and is better for it.

Topic author
ripnbst

Post by ripnbst »

I am not into LEO bashing either. Which is why I didn't post the actual incident until I was told "that cant happen". There are numerous examples of bad guys imitating police officers in order to meet less resistance in committing a crime. I realize the odds are low but so is having to use your gun to defend yourself in ANY kind of situation and yet here we all are. My father was an LEO and I support the LE and MIL communities with every fiber of my being. I am not here to talk down on any of them.

What I AM into is protecting myself and my family from harm no matter who it is that is perpetrating the crimes against us.

Return to “New to CHL?”