Restroom Etiquette

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Restroom Etiquette

Post by ScottDLS »

Scott B. wrote:For those of us who are relatively new at the CC game, that first trip to a public restroom can get real interesting. It's one conversation that never seems to come up before you carry and one everybody wants to laugh about after.

Tales about restroom accidental/negligent discharges and weapons left behind make it not such a humorous conversation.

Have a plan and develop a routine. You'll be less likely to end up an amusing or tragic anecdote on one these forums if you do.
Honestly it's one reason why I don't carry a full-size. I like IWB at 4-6 o'clock or in my pocket (in a holster). I'm I guy and don't carry a murse or wear a fanny pack despite my previous post. Without being too clinical here, I believe most guys even carrying a full size IWB could take care of their "business" at a urinal without gun being exposed. If you have to go #2, that's where I like the smaller guns because I can put in my trouser pocket, even if I put back IWB before I exit.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

tarkus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tarkus »

C-dub wrote:Don't make any calls while you're in there and if it rings, don't answer it.
For those who can't follow that simple rule, don't compound your d-baggery by acting like the guy who flushes while you're flapping your gums is the one being rude.

P.S. If you put paper on the seat, put it in the bowl and flush when you're done.
I get it. You don't want to touch the paper. Imagine how the next guy feels. :mad5
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

WhoWouldGuess

Post by WhoWouldGuess »

The most important thing about carrying into public restrooms is: DON'T LEAVE IT BEHIND!

Hindenburg

Post by Hindenburg »

WhoWouldGuess wrote:The most important thing about carrying into public restrooms is: DON'T LEAVE IT BEHIND!
FREE GUN!

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

WhoWouldGuess wrote:The most important thing about carrying into public restrooms is: DON'T LEAVE IT BEHIND!
I'd say that is the second most important thing.

The most important thing is to not drop the gun, try to catch it on the way down, have finger hit the bang switch, and shoot yourself. :tiphat:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

WhoWouldGuess

Post by WhoWouldGuess »

Jumping Frog wrote:
I'd say that is the second most important thing.

The most important thing is to not drop the gun, try to catch it on the way down, have finger hit the bang switch, and shoot yourself. :tiphat:

Agreed!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ScottDLS wrote:If you have to go #2, that's where I like the smaller guns because I can put in my trouser pocket, even if I put back IWB before I exit.
What if you have to go #3?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

victory

Post by victory »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:If you have to go #2, that's where I like the smaller guns because I can put in my trouser pocket, even if I put back IWB before I exit.
Doesn't require disrobing.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Lordy. Another bathroom thread. It's #5 on the list, right there between "OC vs CC" and "Best gun for zombie apocalypse?"
  1. 9mm vs .45
  2. Glock vs 1911
  3. AR vs AK
  4. OC vs CC
  5. What do you guys do with your gun in public toilets?
  6. Best gun for zombie apocalypse?
  7. If you could only have ONE gun, what would it be?
  8. Look what followed me home...
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
You seem annoyed.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

victory wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Doesn't require disrobing.
Why? Total incapacitation? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Lets keep this on topic folks. On EVERY thread in the past, when the jokes started they went south fast & had to be locked. :banghead:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

longtooth wrote:they wet sour fast
:ack:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

longtooth wrote:Lets keep this on topic folks. On EVERY thread in the past, when the jokes started they went south fast & had to be locked. :banghead:
Fixed it. Thanks
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Lordy. Another bathroom thread. It's #5 on the list, right there between "OC vs CC" and "Best gun for zombie apocalypse?"
  1. 9mm vs .45
  2. Glock vs 1911
  3. AR vs AK
  4. OC vs CC
  5. What do you guys do with your gun in public toilets?
  6. Best gun for zombie apocalypse?
  7. If you could only have ONE gun, what would it be?
  8. Look what followed me home...
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
It is a nice list, but there is a glaring omission...one in the chamber or not? (no pun intended)! "rlol"

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

I haven't any experience with the concealed part, but with the #2 issue and open carrying on duty, we had the same topic come up in a few classes and at work. Some people would take their duty belt off, and hang it on the hook, others would let it fall with their pants, but I will not say I have done it, but many of us talked about removing it and having it in our lap. Granted our situations were more likely to have somebody ambush us, I know if somebody kicks in the door, it's hard to retrieve your gun if it's hung up or on the floor. I want my weapon in my control 100% of the time, and available for use. I would hate to read of a story where somebody was robbed or ambushed while on the john, and even though they were armed, were not able to reach their weapon in time.

A shoulder holster would help eliminate this scenario, but I know most don't carry in that fashion. I will likely have mine in my lap covered by something, I usually have a bandana/handkerchief. There's my two corroded pennies. :txflag:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Return to “New to CHL?”