Just submitted my paperwork!

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
TX Realtor
Posts in topic: 1

Just submitted my paperwork!

Post by TX Realtor »

Ive been a frequent visitor on this board, but since I just submitted my paperwork, I figured I would go ahead and create an account! I love this board and find it very informative. My instructor told me to expect my plastic in 4-6 weeks! I cant wait. Ever since I decided to get my CHL, I feel completely vulnerable now. The next 4-6 weeks cant come fast enough.

Outnumbered

Re: Just submitted my paperwork!

Post by Outnumbered »

I'm a newbie here too, so I can relate to your impatience. It seems like the turnaround times have been much faster recently. I got mine in 2 and a half weeks, and that is even with my first set of prints being rejected. I recommend carrying around the house as much as you can to get comfortable with your set up. It makes the transition that much easier. Welcome to the board.

jmra

Post by jmra »

TX Realtor wrote:Ive been a frequent visitor on this board, but since I just submitted my paperwork, I figured I would go ahead and create an account! I love this board and find it very informative. My instructor told me to expect my plastic in 4-6 weeks! I cant wait. Ever since I decided to get my CHL, I feel completely vulnerable now. The next 4-6 weeks cant come fast enough.
Welcome to the forum
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

paxton25
Posts in topic: 3

Post by paxton25 »

Is there a reason more people don't talk about getting an out of state CHL? I got mine from Arizona and it was faster, cheaper and less hoops to jump through than Texas. Congrats on your CHL!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

paxton25 wrote:Is there a reason more people don't talk about getting an out of state CHL? I got mine from Arizona and it was faster, cheaper and less hoops to jump through than Texas. Congrats on your CHL!
Various reasons. One is you cannot carry on school grounds or within 1000 feet of a Texas school without a Texas CHL. Secondly, you can bypass the federal NICS check when purcahsing a firearm in Texas with a Texas CHL. There are others.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

Yea I thought that was stupid when I couldn't use my CHL to avoid the NICS, you go through the same background check. But I don't have kids so I don't go to any schools and I have a C&R FFL so most of what I buy isn't something that goes through dealers. When I do they already have so much info on my anyway I don't have any issues with it. The Arizona process was very easy, I think it lasts longer than Texas too.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

And the wait begins. Like most people who are anxious for it to come, its gonna be the longest few weeks of your life.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Welcome to the forum.
Might I suggest that you take the time waiting as training time. Carry your EDC at home and try different carry/conceal types and methods. This will let you see what works for you and also get you comfortable carrying concealed
Last edited by RPBrown on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

That's great advice.
RPBrown wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Might I suggest that you take the time waiting as training time. Carry your EDC at home and try different carry/conceal types and methods.

Return to “New to CHL?”