Loaded magazine

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Bruin98
Posts in topic: 1

Loaded magazine

Post by Bruin98 »

When I get my CHL in the next few weeks, I will be carrying an XDs 45 with an extended magazine in reserve on the opposite hip.

When I encounter a 30.06 at a place I have to go, will I need to remove the extra magazine to enter the business or just the gun?

The bullets are worthless without the gun, but I don't know if the law will see it that way.

jbcummings

Re: Loaded magazine

Post by jbcummings »

Some times I do and others I don't. Generally, I leave both gun and spare mags in the GunVault I have bolted down in the car. I try very hard to avoid this situation, so it's not often.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

IANAL. The law concerns concealed handguns. There is no verbiage that mentions magazines or ammunition. :tiphat:

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/7/30/30.06" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

It's unlawful to carry an unloaded handgun concealed past a 30.06 sign, if that's what you're asking.

However, there's no prohibition on carrying ammunition past a 30.06 sign.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I usually keep the spare mag on me when I enter a 30.06 zone.

As a side note, if I enter a 2nd Amendment free zone such as a post office, federal building, etc., I usually leave both the gun and spare mag behind.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

Except for Doctors office(disrobing) I carry my spare ammo,mag,speedloader ect. Past unavoidable 30.06 signs.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

Return to “New to CHL?”