The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CHL am i in or out

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tlane wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:On behalf of the Forum and our Moderators, let me apologize for some of the responses that have been posted. The Forum is a place where people can ask questions and get answers, not lectures.

Chas.
I am a different kind of person and feel that the lectures can provide positive information and insight. I am thankful for both the lectures and the answers.
I'm pleased you are not offended, but that doesn't change Forum rules or decorum.

Chas.

thunderarms
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thunderarms »

Just to let you know that in Texas Driving without a license or DWLI is a class B misdimener
Member Lee County Sheriffs office

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

thunderarms wrote:Just to let you know that in Texas Driving without a license or DWLI is a class B misdimener
If you look in Texas Transportation Code 521.457 DWLI it shows that it is class C misdemeanor in most cases, not a class B at least for the first offense.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

tlane wrote:So I did the class for LTC and went through registration process. I uploaded all documents needed now I am waiting for my fingerprint appt. on the 28th. Question is I have been arrested for driving without a license but I have no idea when and any other minor infraction I have no clue about since it was minor and have never had an issue with it. I marked no on criminal offences since I have no info on them. Will this disqualify me or will they just pull my record and I will be ok as long as no class a or b misdemeanors.
Driving without a license is a misdemeanor punishable by a $200 fine according to Texas Transportation Code 521.025. That should not be disqualifying for a LTC. If, OTOH, you were arrested for driving while your license was invalid, that's a Class C misdemeanor, which is also not disqualifying, although a second offense could be depending upon when you were convicted (TC 521.457). The rest of what you wrote is confusing, so I can't comment on its impact on your application. As others have stated, honesty is the best policy when applying for an LTC.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I had a student ( he applied before class) with a similar question. I told him any arrest should have been noted and since they were minor offenses and a long time ago (at least 15 years) to go ahead and get records of the disposition of each case. He did and about 3 weeks later DPS asked for proof of disposition. One of his arrest happened before they started keeping computer records of nonviolent misdemeanors. The state accepted all papers and sent him his CHL over a year ago.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “New to CHL?”