Newbie on the loose...

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
mjmccluskey
Posts in topic: 1

Newbie on the loose...

Post by mjmccluskey »

LTC finally showed up last Saturday. Submitted everything Jan 9th...received April 9th. So far so good. Carrying everywhere. Today I had my first 30.06 AND school encounter...

Had to get a blood test done. Did a drive by and no signs posted. Into the lobby, check-in and then there it is...posted on the door into the patient rooms...30.06. Finished checking in then walked out and secured gun in car safe. Kind of a pain, but was no big deal.

Later today, kiddo had ortho appt. Had to secure gun again to pick her up at school...you have to physically go in and sign them out. Again, no big deal.

I am DEFINITELY self-conscious about it, but have carried on conversations with people and no one seems to notice/care.

Ryan

Re: Newbie on the loose...

Post by Ryan »

This is how much attention you get from the general population...
I've been talking to friends that didn't realize I was OC'ing until several minutes into the conversation.

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

Ryan wrote:This is how much attention you get from the general population...
I've been talking to friends that didn't realize I was OC'ing until several minutes into the conversation.

wish there was a fishing line tied across that walking path... my bet all of them would fall.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Twice at restaurants we frequent I've taken my cover shirt/jacket off to give to Mrs. Max (she gets cold, and I am a Texas gentleman). :tiphat:

No one noticed, even when I headed to the restroom or had to walk all the way across the restaurant to leave.

Now I believe that concealed is concealed but occasionally it will show. However unless you're blatant about it most people will never see it.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Maxwell wrote:Twice at restaurants we frequent I've taken my cover shirt/jacket off to give to Mrs. Max (she gets cold, and I am a Texas gentleman). :tiphat:

No one noticed, even when I headed to the restroom or had to walk all the way across the restaurant to leave.

Now I believe that concealed is concealed but occasionally it will show. However unless you're blatant about it most people will never see it.

:iagree:

I OC every morning to QT to fill up my Yeti with coffee, There may be twenty people in the store, but I'll bet less that three even notice. The only ones that I know for sure have noticed have been LEOs, two local PD and one Texas Ranger, other than a nod in my direction after glancing at it, there was no reaction. That is why I drill into my wife and son about SA, too many times you hear about bad things happening to people and they invariably say, "he just came out of nowhere" Had they taken a few seconds to scan the area, that guy would have caught their eye long before he magically appeared.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

Kissing couple totally oblivious to armed robbery at bar in Montana

http://wgntv.com/2016/04/13/kissing-cou ... n-montana/

loscar141

Post by loscar141 »

Tracker wrote:Kissing couple totally oblivious to armed robbery at bar in Montana

http://wgntv.com/2016/04/13/kissing-cou ... n-montana/
Wow.. Just wow. I would love to hear the sound.

Return to “New to CHL?”