Renewel Fingerprints - IdentoGO email

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
ammoboy2
Posts in topic: 3

Renewel Fingerprints - IdentoGO email

Post by ammoboy2 »

My wife is reapplying and got an email from IdentoGO for her to get new fingerprints for application processing. The notice from the DPS said they would send a letter. When she went the IdentoGO website to signup for a time it was asking for substantial personal information. This made her apprehensive. Is this legit? We are wondering since no letter arrived from DPS but the email from IdentoGO. Anyone have similar experience? Do want a repeated identity theft.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewel Fingerprints - IdentoGO email

Post by rotor »

Do you need fingerprints for a renewal?

Topic author
ammoboy2

Post by ammoboy2 »

sometimes, DPS said they try to use old ones. If they are not up to current standard new ones are required.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

I am not aware of having to redo digital fingerprints for renewal if you already have done digital fingerprints for CHL/LTC. I guess stuff happens every once in a while. Identigo does need the info to send the fingerprints to the right file for the right person tho. Do not let them upsell you. You only need the required fingerprints and that is all.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
ammoboy2

Post by ammoboy2 »

I called DPS. They said format had changed from digital fingerprints submitted prior to 2012. Therefore needed new set, this may apply to others. I imagine it was a FBI issue since they drive the fingerprint requirements for background investigations. Of course the telephone support guy may not have known the true background.

Return to “New to CHL?”