Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

What is your preference regarding a Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar?

I would attend on Friday evening, Sept. 28th.
9%
I would attend if the seminar is given on Saturday as part of the event.
28%
I would attend either Friday, Sept. 28th, or on Saturday, Sept. 29th
63%

Total votes: 32

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I teach a Deadly Force & Its Aftermath seminar a few times a year. I did it at last year's TexasCHLforum Day at PSC and it is on the schedule again for this year's event. However, I am considering doing something different to open up the PSC Blue Building for another seminar and I would like to get input from you folks.

The seminar was well attended last year and I suspect many people will not attend again this year. Other than the legislative update for the 2007 Texas Legislative Session, most of the presentation will be the same as you saw last year.

So, I'm considering not doing that seminar at the 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC, but making it available at other times. I'm going to schedule a Deadly Force Seminar at PSC on a Friday evening in August. I may also offer it on Friday evening, Sept. 28th, the day before the 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC. This would be done in conjunction with the sign-in for that event.

To gauge interest and to help in scheduling the 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC seminars, I would appreciate it if you would vote in the attached poll, if you would like to attend either for the first time, or as a repeat offender.

Thanks,
Chas.
Last edited by Charles L. Cotton on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seamusTX »

Attend this seminar.

It is an excellent, and graphic, explanation of the lawful use of deadly force laws; and Charles is an excellent speaker.

This is an unsolicited endorsement.

- Jim

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Another endorsement - it was well worth the time and attention.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossfire »

Charles - I would love to hear this, but Friday is a bit difficult for us North Texans. I vote for a Saturday.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

llwatson wrote:Charles - I would love to hear this, but Friday is a bit difficult for us North Texans. I vote for a Saturday.
I agree. If it is on Friday, it would need to be a rather late for us to make it. My girlfriend won't be getting out of work until 6pm, so we wouldn't even be able to make it out to Friendswood until at least 9:30. I don't want to detract from other courses, but the only alternative I would see for us non-locals is to have it sometime on Sunday.

How long does the seminar last?

tomc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomc »

Its on my schedule and I'm making plans to be there.

I was at your seminar last year and really got a lot out of it. It is definately a "do not miss" presentation. That being said, I would also like to hear your new presentation, whatever it might be. I'm sure that everyone would really enjoy it.

I had so much pleasure attending last years event that I wouldn't mind taking Friday off from work and driving down early to attend your "deadly force" seminar that evening (as long as I coud still get to Gilhoulies for dinner).

What would really be good is if you could bring your presentation up to Dallas some weekend. I'm sure that between myself, Linda, Carl, Gary and other locals, we could get the word out for a really good turnout. (Just a thought; hint, hint)

Whatever works out, though, I'm sure will be fine.

Tom
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I checked Friday because that is the only day I can come. Will have to leave on Saturday morning. I agree with Tom - you could come to Dallas. I will put you up in a Motel.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I believe it would be a great "cool down" classroom time for the folks that have never attended this discussion...

A late Saturday time to me makes for a better time to be able to wind down and put into perspective all the other things everyone has done that day out in the bays...

I am also adding an endorsement of this topic to those who have never attended this before...I highly recommend attending...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

swiven

Post by swiven »

I second the request for a Dallas class.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Okay folks, I said I'd come to the Dallas area to do a seminar, but the 2007 Texas Legislative Session got in the way. It was the busiest we've had in a number of years and the work started much earlier in 2006 than was normally the case.

Now that I have the excuses out of the way, let's get it planned before the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC on Sept. 29. Sept. is a tough month for me, as I have to be at NRA HQ the entire week of Sept. 11-16. I have an IDPA match on Sept. 22nd and the rest of the free-time will be spent getting ready for the PSC event on the 29th. So, that means either later this month, or sometime in August. Since there is no shooting, this doesn't have to be on a weekend. We could do it on a weekday evening, or a Friday evening, if that would work better for people.

As always, the seminar is free, but I would like to cover my travel expenses. Does anyone have suggestions for a location, time/date preference, etc.

Chas.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Any day except Sunday, Wednesday, or Thursday's. You can use my Church. I will cover your Motel. It is Church we will take an offering for your travel expenses. :?: What say the rest of you DFW people?

tomc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomc »

I'm in. Anytime would probably work out for me except for the Oshkosh Air Show week +/- a day or two ( from Jul 21 through Jul 30).

I'll get with Carl off-line to see how to get the word out once we settle on a date. Looking forward to this.

Tom
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossfire »

carlson1 wrote:Any day except Sunday, Wednesday, or Thursday's. You can use my Church. I will cover your Motel. It is Church we will take an offering for your travel expenses. :?: What say the rest of you DFW people?
Sounds great to me. I would offer a classroom at the Roanoke Rec Center, but I am so far north and west as to not be convenient to the majority. Carlson is just about in the center of the Metroplex.

Thanks, Carlson!!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Will Friday, August 17th work? It's one of the few dates I have open that meets the schedule for the Church.

Chas.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Will Friday, August 17th work? It's one of the few dates I have open that meets the schedule for the Church.

Chas.

That is fine with me.

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”