S&W M&P 9mm - Pretty in Pink

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
MrsFosforos
Posts in topic: 11

Re: S&W M&P 9mm - Pretty in Pink

Post by MrsFosforos »

MoJo wrote:As stated earlier my wife is a Breast Cancer Survivor - - - she went for a mammogram in December of '04 and had a lumpectomy in March '05 followed by radiation - - - everything has been OK so far just two more years before the docs say she is cured. Ladies, please don't neglect this very critical diagnostic tool it can save your life. :smile:

Now, for the gun as soon as I can find one I'm buying one I don't care if Mrs. MoJo never shoots it I'll proudly carry and shoot it pink grips and all. :thumbs2:
I am so glad you added the reminder about the importance to have regular exams. Treatment these days is so much aggressive and early detection adds to the chances of successful treatment.

I hope your wife has a healthy next 2 years and she can count herself among the CURED!

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Venus Pax »

MoJo wrote:

Now, for the gun as soon as I can find one I'm buying one I don't care if Mrs. MoJo never shoots it I'll proudly carry and shoot it pink grips and all. :thumbs2:
Real men aren't afraid of pink. Go MoJo!
:clapping:
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

I haven't had any luck so far. Has anyone else found anything out about this gun?
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:I haven't had any luck so far. Has anyone else found anything out about this gun?
I haven't either. I'm still watching out for one!

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

S&W is (finally) releasing this for OCT - Breast Cancer Awareness Month - from Julie G's Blog - Think Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Breast Cancer Awareness M&P’s are shipping to dealers. I am thrilled to have my name associated with such a worthy cause and one of my favorite firearms. S&W came out with the following press release today.

Smith & Wesson Expands M&P Pistol Series With New Julie Goloski Model
M&P9 JG to Help Raise Money for Breast Cancer Awareness Charity

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (October 1, 2008) – Smith & Wesson Corp., announced today that the company has expanded the Military & Police (M&P) Pistol lineup with the introduction of the M&P9 JG (Julie Goloski), as part of the new Smith & Wesson Champion Series.

Designed in collaboration with Smith & Wesson Professional Shooter Julie Goloski, the polymer frame pistol incorporates several competition-specific features requested by the champion shooter. The M&P9 JG is engraved with the ‘Awareness Ribbon’ on the slide of the pistol and is packaged with two pink grip inserts (small and medium) along with the three standard black grip inserts. A portion of the proceeds for each pistol sold will be donated to a breast cancer awareness charity.

“Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women after lung cancer and over two million women have been treated for it in the United States,” said Julie Goloski, Smith & Wesson Consumer Program Manager and Champion Shooter. “This is a tragic statistic, but one that can be changed. The money raised from this new pistol will help support research, increase education and promote early detection among both women and men.”

Chambered in 9mm, the M&P9 JG features a fiber optic front sight along with a Warren® Tactical rear sight on top of the 4 π-inch barrel. For enhanced durability, the M&P9 JG has a Zytel® polymer frame reinforced with a ridged steel chassis and a through-hardened black Melonite® stainless steel barrel and slide. This combination of features provides unparalleled shootability and dramatically reduces felt recoil. The M&P9 JG has a capacity of 17+1 and is shipped with two magazines. The striker fired action trigger system features a 6 ∏-pound trigger pull and has been designed with an overtravel stop for enhanced performance. Another distinct feature that separates the M&P line from other polymer pistols is that it does not require the user to press the trigger in order to field strip the firearm.

“In recognition of breast cancer awareness month this October, we encourage everyone to support the various charities and cancer centers through any means they can,” said Goloski. “For those who share a strong connection with the shooting sports, the purchase of a M&P9 JG is one way that you can give back.”

Written by Julie G
October 1st, 2008 at 6:18 pm
I put call into one of our local dealers who said S&W is shipping and he says as soon as he has one, he's calling ME!

I've been waiting and watching and have recently seen 2 of these available on gunbroker if any of you guys are still interested in looking into one.

Here's the spec sheet

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

I'd have sworn that I already saw one of these pistols in the gun case at the North Richland Hills Academy Outdoors store. :headscratch
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

CompVest
Posts in topic: 6

Post by CompVest »

Thanks for the update.

I got tired of checking their website.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

A good while back I told MrFos, "if I get that JG S&W, I might shoot IDPA" with him. His recollection was that I said if I got it, I WOULD. I'm running out of excuses.

I found this in stock and ordered a JG S&W M&P 9mm from SportingArms.com just before Thanksgiving and picked it up Tuesday.

It is easy to take down to clean. I didn't need superhuman hand strength and it doesn't require special tools to disassemble or reassemble it.

We went to the range with it today. All I can say is WOW! It's weight is well balanced, it has minimal recoil, and the fiber optic front site is a big plus!

The Warren tactical rear site is U shaped and smaller than the novak sites I'm used to. It seems like it makes my site picture smaller (I guess that would help make me more accurate in long run and if/when I get use to it). The spec sheet describes it as having a 6.5 lb trigger pull but it measures to just over 7lbs. It is stiff and I hope it will smooth out with some break in.

The grip feels like it was custom fit to my hands. The frame has contoured grooves toward the neck of the grip for my thumb and trigger finger to travel along. I don't have small hands, but I usually have a hard time reaching a mag release and generally have to use my left thumb to accommodate. This mag release is easy for me to reach and use with my right thumb.

Next on the wish list is the Comp-tac Diva holster Compvest recommended when I asked about this last year - I emailed them last weekn and found they do still make the Diva, so its on my xmas list!
Last edited by MrsFosforos on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

Congrats on the new pistol. The M&P trigger is awfully good right out of the box and only gets better with use. Dry fire it a lot and run a bunch of rounds through it. Before long you'll be saying it's your favorite handgun.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Yep, I don't think you can beat an M&P for comfort in shooting and for accuracy. Congrats on the gun. I love mine (obvious).

Once you get your holster you are out of excuses and will have to join the ranks of IDPA shooters. Welcome to the fold.

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

I found one of these last year and already have one; but I had put this on a a wish list last year from Bud's Gunshop and just got an email they have it in stock (in case anyone is still interested)
Name: S&W M&P9JG 9mm 4.25 17 JGOLOSKI
Model: 220073
Price: $564.0000 (price valid for 1 day)
Bud's Item Number: 56004
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/56004
This item was available to purchase on http://www.budsgunshop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
as of 2009-04-17 09:00:04.

Just in time for Mother's Day!!

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Hey MrsFosforos,

How about a range report for your first IDPA match? Did you get your holster? We need an update!!!!!! :smash:

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

CompVest wrote:Hey MrsFosforos,

How about a range report for your first IDPA match? Did you get your holster? We need an update!!!!!! :smash:
I got a diva holster from comp-tac but still haven't tried IDPA. Maybe next month! (I know I've been saying that for over a year) ...

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

:banghead: Just do it!!!

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

CompVest wrote::banghead: Just do it!!!
I know -- I need to get the lead out; and will --> sooner or later!

Return to “Ladies”