Pink guns, etc.

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Pink guns, etc.

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

What's with the recent craze for pink guns? There are three women at my office that said they'll get their CHL, if they can have a pink pistol! At first I though they were kidding, but they are serious. One said another color may be okay, but . . .

I saw a blue anodized pistol several months ago, but I can't recall where. Does anyone have some links to guns anodized in different colors?

This is just crazy! :banghead:

Chas.

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Pink guns, etc.

Post by Wildscar »

You know the only one that is not that bad would be the M&P breast cancer model in 9mm. That one ok. The rest are just sac religious.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/Sm ... &P9_JG.pdf
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

locknload
Posts in topic: 1

Post by locknload »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:What's with the recent craze for pink guns? There are three women at my office that said they'll get their CHL, if they can have a pink pistol! At first I though they were kidding, but they are serious. One said another color may be okay, but . . .

I saw a blue anodized pistol several months ago, but I can't recall where. Does anyone have some links to guns anodized in different colors?

Chas.
It's a girl thang! :mrgreen:

Zero_G

Post by Zero_G »

Funny you should mention this. I came across this picture on the Bushmaster site last night:

Looks like a custom job. My daughter (who will be 13 next week) would love a pink gun. I've seen some pink .22s at gun shows, but they look pretty cheap for the $150 price tag. Pink just seems to be the current fad. Her girl's hockey team had had a proliferation of pink gloves and sticks this year.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:What's with the recent craze for pink guns? There are three women at my office that said they'll get their CHL, if they can have a pink pistol! At first I though they were kidding, but they are serious. One said another color may be okay, but . . .

Chas.
I looked at a Ruger .22 auto pistol at the local gunshop that was blue anodized. Guns are supposed to be blue steel and real wood IMHO but, if pink guns will get the ladies to packing then bring out the pink spray paint! "rlol"

Honestly, the colors of firearms have gone all over the spectrum in the last few years - - - pink, green, red, or a combination of colors what's the difference? I still say BLUE STEEL AND WALNUT! :rules:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

MoJo wrote:

Chas.
I looked at a Ruger .22 auto pistol at the local gunshop that was blue anodized. Guns are supposed to be blue steel and real wood IMHO but, if pink guns will get the ladies to packing then bring out the pink spray paint! "rlol"

Honestly, the colors of firearms have gone all over the spectrum in the last few years - - - pink, green, red, or a combination of colors what's the difference? I still say BLUE STEEL AND WALNUT! :rules:
I think the colorful guns are good for our cause.

The main reason it is good is because sits important to many women. This is something that us guys can't fully understand. I have no idea why one color is "prettier" or better than another color, or why my wife finds an olive green tie offensive with my yellow shirts, but it is meaningful to her therefore meaning to me.

Handguns are about personal protection. Being personalized to its user is certainly an indulgence which most of us understand. Many of us polish buff, and have triggers adjusted, grip tape installed. Color is just as reasonable.

We called our M16s when we were presented with them Mattel toys. The idea of of a black plastic weapon seemed silly to us back then. While my preference is towards a dull grey stainless I will carry a chartreuse gun if it works well for me.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Liberty makes some very good points. My concern is that these ladies are going to use these guns for concealed carry, and let's face it, most BGs do run when a gun is produced (yes, I know we should and do train and teach otherwise), but I wonder how many attackers are going to think a pink gun is a toy. I'm going to buy a pink-stocked Chipmonk .22 rifle for my granddaughter, but it's for fun, not CHL!

Chas.

MrsFosforos
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MrsFosforos »

I saw a piece on the news recently about how police are not happy about people painting them different colors because it makes them look like toy guns.

Even so, I'd like to have a tomcat painted sort of like this:

This one is on my wish list:
- Details: S&W Julie Goloski Champion Series

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:... I wonder how many attackers are going to think a pink gun is a toy.
What the attacker sees is the barrel opening and the top of the slide or barrel. Right before the muzzle flash. I think that will be persuasive.

The colored parts of these pastel pistols are generally the grips, which are not visible when the weapon is in use.

- Jim

Texasdoc

Post by Texasdoc »

here is a pink Hello Kitty AR15 I found on the web

Shoot more,then Reload and Shoot somemore. Image

http://www.texasguntalk.com

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

here's one

NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

and more

NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

not annodized, but...

NRA Life Member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

MrsFosforos wrote:I saw a piece on the news recently about how police are not happy about people painting them different colors because it makes them look like toy guns.

This one is on my wish list:
- Details: S&W Julie Goloski Champion Series
Maybe some pink grip tape like what is sold here. This is some tough stuff, although I envision it being used on a plastic gun more than something like a 1911.
http://www.freestyleshop.com/yac1301.html

Tape might be a resolution to Charles' concern of the handgun being taken seriously. The tape could be placed so that when presented that the pink will be covered by the grip.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: ... let's face it, most BGs do run when a gun is produced (yes, I know we should and do train and teach otherwise) ... Chas.
Chas - Do you care to comment on that subject in another thread? http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... =7&t=14512
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Ladies”