Guns - A Brief Woman's Perspective

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Guns - A Brief Woman's Perspective

Post by williamkevin »

CompVest wrote:
williamkevin wrote:
TLynnHughes wrote:I have decided that guns are like a pair of shoes. I need a different one for each occasion and when I find one I like, I want to buy a second one to have after I wear out the first one. :mrgreen:

T.
Folks...This is my wife. Not only do I love her, I couldn't be more PROUD of this statement. Her training is almost complete!!!
:leaving

What I heard SHE was training YOU and you had a ways to go! "rlol"
Thanks for letting THAT particular cat out of the bag!!!! :totap:

Topic author
TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TLynnHughes »

williamkevin wrote:
CompVest wrote:
williamkevin wrote:
TLynnHughes wrote:I have decided that guns are like a pair of shoes. I need a different one for each occasion and when I find one I like, I want to buy a second one to have after I wear out the first one. :mrgreen:

T.
Folks...This is my wife. Not only do I love her, I couldn't be more PROUD of this statement. Her training is almost complete!!!

Thanks for letting THAT particular cat out of the bag!!!! :totap:
"rlol" :smilelol5: "rlol"
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

android
Posts in topic: 1

Post by android »

Ammo is like motels. The cheaper the better as long as it's not too dirty! :lol:

joe817
Posts in topic: 6

Post by joe817 »

CompVest wrote:
williamkevin wrote:

T.

OUCH!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

cowboymd

Post by cowboymd »

Well, Mrs cowboy has decided she doesn't like the trigger pull on her Taurus, so she is on her way to the range to meet with an instructor and about 15-20 pistols to figure out what she likes. I'm pretty sure that right there is a good reason to believe there will be a new gun or two in the family very soon. :woohoo
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

cowboymd wrote:Well, Mrs cowboy has decided she doesn't like the trigger pull on her Taurus, so she is on her way to the range to meet with an instructor and about 15-20 pistols to figure out what she likes. I'm pretty sure that right there is a good reason to believe there will be a new gun or two in the family very soon. :woohoo
Aint it grand being married to a shooter?! :clapping:

quidni
Posts in topic: 2

Post by quidni »

joe817 wrote:No, I didn't mean it THAT way! :lol: I was just being supportive to another forum member, as we ALL need another gun or 2 (or 4 or 5). :mrgreen:
:iagree: If my husband is right, I have too many. If I'm right, I need another safe.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

joe817

Post by joe817 »

quidni wrote:
joe817 wrote:No, I didn't mean it THAT way! :lol: I was just being supportive to another forum member, as we ALL need another gun or 2 (or 4 or 5). :mrgreen:
:iagree: If my husband is right, I have too many. If I'm right, I need another safe.
The same can be said for closet space. "rlol"
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

quidni
Posts in topic: 2

Post by quidni »

joe817 wrote:
quidni wrote:
The same can be said for closet space. "rlol"
"Safe" is just another word for "lockable gun closet." So yeah, I wouldn't mind more closet space. :smilelol5:
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

CompVest wrote:Guns are like clothing to me. You have your dependable go anywhere do anything blue jeans, your grubbies, your work casuals, and your formal wear. In other words you need a gun for every outfit and for every activity! Sometimes you need a gun for your gun! :smilelol5:
Guys, there really is something to this Venus & Mars thing!! "rlol" :rolll

Bye now ____> :leaving

Chas.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

I knew you were a smart man! :thumbs2:
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Tass

Post by Tass »

Evidently I was the first person in the office to have a CHL...and a number of people have talked to me about getting one...one asked me what I carried. I said it depended on what I was wearing. Little does he know! He wants his wife to get her CHL-he'll learn soon enough how true that statement is.

As an aside-spent the weekend talking to a DEA agent from CA-he couldn't wrap his brain around the fact that women in Texas like to talk about guns & football! He was most impressed with my pink shotty.

Tass
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh crap, she's up"

joe817

Post by joe817 »

As an aside-spent the weekend talking to a DEA agent from CA-he couldn't wrap his brain around the fact that women in Texas like to talk about guns & football!
God Bless Texas. :txflag:

Good post Tass! Thanks.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TLynnHughes »

Tass wrote: As an aside-spent the weekend talking to a DEA agent from CA-he couldn't wrap his brain around the fact that women in Texas like to talk about guns & football! He was most impressed with my pink shotty.

Tass
And fast cars!!!!

:txflag:

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

gewehre

Post by gewehre »

Just bought my wife a S&W pink lady. Now she want's a new pair of shoes to match.

Guess my training is almost complete.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Return to “Ladies”