Anybody else give up on holsters?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
cwohardy

Anybody else give up on holsters?

Post by cwohardy »

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of spending money on so called high end holsters. I have tried crossbreed/galco etc etc and with every one of them I would have to buy a size bigger pants. And don't get me started on wearing a tuck in shirt

Don't wear skirts normally so thigh holster out

I have bought myself two different ccw purses for Christmas. That is the only solution I can think of......................

Anybody else in the same boat?

I carry a .40 and would like to carry my 1911 but just can't see how without wearing clothes way oversized just to keep from printing

Vanity thy name is women "rlol"

Topic author
cwohardy

Re: Anybody else give up on holsters?

Post by cwohardy »

just venting

I work super hard to stay in shape and at the size I want to be. Buying a bigger size of pants just to fit my holster is a real downer for me

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Divided Attention »

I guess I am blessed ... (actually I know I am), but at least when it has come to the holster thing. I have a S&W M&P 9C I carry in a Tucker IWB cross draw about 9:30 or 10. Then I have a belly band for my P238 when I have scrubs on (but have worn under jeans and a skirt as well). I carry that strongside about 2:30 with extra mags at 2 and 8ish. I have not had to buy any new clothes, but am a bit "padded" and have a bit more than average in the chest area. I did add underarmor type undershirts to my wardrobe, so the holster doesn't poke/stick. I have also added belts, not that the holster pulls the pants down, they are tight enough that is not a problem, but more so that when I sit the holster pops off the top of my pants.

I am waiting on an IWB for my P-shooter as well, the belly band is not the best with belted pants, but just fine with drawstring etc where you don't want to risk "dropping trow" with the weight of holster and gun. I am also shopping for a holster purse for those rare times when having the gun on my body would be otherwise impossible, as the thigh and ankle holsters I tried were not my cup o tea.

My point. I have had my family, mother, kids and hubby have no idea I was carrying, even with a tucked t-shirt. I am not sure vanity is the issue, or just realizing folks aren't as observant as we give them credit for, and the weapon is not a obvious as it feels. Good luck in your quest!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasGal »

If you are wearing long enough shirt untucked, you can do what I do. I carry n a holster that is an IWB clip on at 2 o'clock right over my right front jeans pocket. I put the holster between the belt and the jeans rather than inside the waist band next to my skin. The last third of the holster sticks into my pants pocket and my shirt covers it all fine. It is far more comfortable than having the holster inside the waistband, the gun doesn't get covered in sweat, and I don't have to buy larger jeans. I just have to let the belt out a bit.

It's technically carrying outside the waistband, but it snugs up to my side a lot tighter than most OWB holsters would because it's inside the belt. Another idea i saw on another forum for hiding the holster; make up little "socks" that will slip over the holster and tie to your belt loop out of the same material as your pants. If your shirt rides up to reveal it, it does not look like a holster at all. You can have OWB comfort and not have to wear super long shirts either. Just an idea.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Topic author
cwohardy

Post by cwohardy »

TexasGal,

Your idea sounds like a winner if I am wearing my shirt out. I will definitely try it.

:thewave

Return to “Ladies”