Glad I had my EDC...

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
bluejay71
Posts in topic: 1

Glad I had my EDC...

Post by bluejay71 »

Nothing happened...this is not going to be an exciting post, but...

Coming home from meeting my sister half way between our homes (her in East TX, me in Houston) to swap kids, a car going slowly in the opposite lane crosses into my lane aiming straight for me. I honked and had to pull over to avoid being hit. Since I was stopped on the shoulder anyway, I kept an eye on the car to see what would happen. It continued across the road, into the grass, through the ditch where it came to rest against a tree. By that time, it was going so slowly, that it was not a crash by any means. My first thought was that the driver had a heart attack or something. Afraid that no one else saw what had happened, and fearing for the drivers safety, I turned around and pulled up next to the car. As I got out of my truck (I never could see the driver because of glare on the windshield), I suddenly became aware at what a risky thing I was doing, especially with my kids in the truck. My spidey-sense told me I was in no danger, but as I approached the car door, I had my hand on my Bodyguard .380 just in case.

Long story short, the driver, a 20 yo woman, had a seizure while driving. She was conscious by the time I got to her car and she opened her car door but stayed put. My kids got to see what happens when you call 911 and all the various emergency response that comes to help. The police took my name and phone number and asked me what happened. They never asked to see my ID, so I didn't see reveal my carry status.

Strengthened my resolve to carry every day.
CHL since August 2012

LSL

Re: Glad I had my EDC...

Post by LSL »

Spidey-Sense: Good
Hand on "venom": Priceless
:txflag:
Noli Voluntare Usque Vocaris / lsl
SA XDM 3.8c 9mm and Ruger LC9 -- each in a <tripleTholsters.com> IWB
Walther P22

RPB
Banned

Re: Glad I had my EDC...

Post by RPB »

My sis in law had a similar blackout many years ago while driving (she no longer drives) epilepsy/catalepsy type thing
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Ladies”