Buying guns as a lady......

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

JustMe
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Buying guns as a lady......

Post by JustMe »

I had this happen just the other day--wasn't the employee tho-it was another customer who thought it was his place to tell me what I needed. The kid working was wierd also tho--didn't know how to properly hand me a gun--and then tried to pass off a used gun as new because it looked so good(it did "look" new)--but when I asked him what it came with---nothing-just the gun and the mag that was in it--no case, paperwork, anything.
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Topic author
Mininut
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Mininut »

RPBrown wrote:Was in the Academy in Arlington a few months ago to restock my cleaning kit and overheard a sales kid telling a woman that the revolver she was looking at was a semi auto because the cylinder will turn to the next round and fire as long as she pulled the trigger.
Ok I know a few women that would fall for this but NONE of them shoot or have any desire too. I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing long enough to call him an idiot LOL
Friend Guns N Gals on Facebook.
A Page designed just for us Gals who love guns.
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Mininut wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Was in the Academy in Arlington a few months ago to restock my cleaning kit and overheard a sales kid telling a woman that the revolver she was looking at was a semi auto because the cylinder will turn to the next round and fire as long as she pulled the trigger.
Ok I know a few women that would fall for this but NONE of them shoot or have any desire too. I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing long enough to call him an idiot LOL
I would try, but I'm not sure how successful I would be. I would really try very hard not to call that salesperson a complete fool. I would, however, find some way of letting the shopper know and that they might be better off going to another store.

BTW, ladies, I'm very sorry that there are such sad examples of our gender.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

A few months ago my female cousin asked me to go to Cabelas with her to pick out a gun for her and her husband. It was to be his Christmas present. She wanted me along for my opinion and to make sure the salesman didn't make her buy something she shouldn't. I was pleasantly surprised with the salesman. He was very knowledgeable, and didn't pressure her to buy anything she didn't like. He just said she should buy something that felt comfortable. She was on a bit of a budget and ended up buying him a Taurus Millenium Pro. In all, i didn't really have to do much except admire the guns i couldn't have and update my with list. :mrgreen:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Topic author
Mininut

Post by Mininut »

I have good experiences with Nagels Gun shop in San Antonio, they are a little higher priced but in my opinion, well worth the extra $10 for the service and time they give when you are there.

¿Qué?

Post by ¿Qué? »

Mininut wrote:The whole time at academy this "kid" was bashing everyone's gun choice because its not what he would shoot.
If he was bashing everyone's gun choice then it sounds like your sex, race, weight, etc. were not a factor.

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

Just for a little balance...

many moons ago I took SWMBO to Oshman's where a nationally rank lady shooter (and member of Team S&W) was making an appearance. When my wife asked to see one of the s&w autos (a 4506 I think) said Professional Lady Shooter said "And I Quote"
No honey, those have way too many controls and take a lot of training to use. You should look at one of these new LadySmiths. We sell a lot of these with the pink grips.

My wife was in her early 20's then and did look like a teenager but gave that woman who was at least twice her age exactly what she deserved when she replied "If I get a gun with less magazine capacity than my Browning HiPower, I want a more powerful round like a 45acp".

She said I'm supposed to believe you shoot a HiPower?

So I pulled pictures out of my wallet including my favorite one where I caught my wife firing with 4 pieces of brass still in the air, and said Maam, You are in TEXAS you know.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 9

Post by WildBill »

¿Qué? wrote:
Mininut wrote:The whole time at academy this "kid" was bashing everyone's gun choice because its not what he would shoot.
If he was bashing everyone's gun choice then it sounds like your sex, race, weight, etc. were not a factor.
An equal opportunity jerk. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

WildBill wrote:
RPBrown wrote:... overheard a sales kid telling a woman that the revolver she was looking at was a semi auto because the cylinder will turn to the next round and fire as long as she pulled the trigger.
It was a semiautomatic with a round clip. :lol:
This week's Academy ad lists a Taurus 4510 Public Defender Revolver for sale
and describes its round count as "Capacity: 4 + 1".

A simple "5" would be the correct answer.

Academy has done this on other occasions with regard to revolver round capacities.

Sheesh.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
WildBill wrote:
RPBrown wrote:... overheard a sales kid telling a woman that the revolver she was looking at was a semi auto because the cylinder will turn to the next round and fire as long as she pulled the trigger.

Academy has done this on other occasions with regard to revolver round capacities.

Sheesh.

SIA
But there's 1 chambered and 4 in line. Isn't that how this works? :biggrinjester:
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

MasterOfNone wrote:
surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
WildBill wrote:

Sheesh.

SIA
But there's 1 chambered and 4 in line. Isn't that how this works? :biggrinjester:
:iagree: That's what the manager at Academy told me. :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Well, if a manager at Academy said it, it must be correct!

Perhaps they really need to define it as "Capacity: 1 + 4" ?

Would that fix their earlier mistake? :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RPBrown »

Nah, to fix their earlier mistakes, they would have to stop hiring idiots.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Mininut

Post by Mininut »

RPBrown wrote:Nah, to fix their earlier mistakes, they would have to stop hiring idiots.
AMEN!!!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Mininut wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Nah, to fix their earlier mistakes, they would have to stop hiring idiots.
AMEN!!!
As with purchasing a gun, you get what you pay for. [If you're lucky] :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Ladies”