Texas men aren't so scary after all

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
MolonLabe
Posts in topic: 2

Texas men aren't so scary after all

Post by MolonLabe »

Wanted to give some props to the men of Texas. After getting my CHL, I was determined to purchase a gun on my own without my DH holding my hand through the process. He's without-a-doubt the head of this household, but I really wanted to take the info he gave me and the info I have found on here and decide on my own. I went into this adventure paranoid as heck, after reading several websites filled with women's experiences of being treated poorly by dismissive men who ignored them or only seemed interested in selling them a little pink gun. I'm not denying their experiences, I can imagine it happens often and it's ridiculous. But I have been to at least 7-8 gun shops and 5-6 gun shows and have been treated very respectfully and non-condescending by all. Well..... except for this one grumpy little guy who sternly lectured me with wild flailing hands because I had (an empty, no magazine) gun that I brought in my purse to a gun show in the hopes of finding a holster, I didn't get it zipped tied and he was steaming mad, but I don't think that counts,lol. Thank you men and a few ladies, for being patient and respectful to the women stepping up to counter to play with all of the toys. It sure makes it easier to plop down some cash.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas men aren't so scary after all

Post by Teamless »

MolonLabe wrote:I had (an empty, no magazine) gun that I brought in my purse to a gun show i
Was the gun show posted 30.06? (most likely it was, but I am sure there may be 1 or 2 that may not)
If it was 30.06, and if you stopped and presented your weapon, most (again, maybe not all) will zip-tie your weapon, and if you didn't stop, then you were breaking the law - even though if it was a government building, like the Pasadena Gun Shows are there may be a grey (test case) area.

As far as being treated right, I am very happy that the people at the various shops and shows have done so.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

I think the word is getting out.
Many more women are learning to shoot and buying equipment. Learn how to sell to women or lose their business.
Chalk up another success for Capitalism.

The next frontier? Women buying their own CARS.! :shock: ........ :mrgreen:

Seriously now...
Glad you had a good experience. I've been pleasantly surprised to see many more ladies behind the gun counter lately too.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
MolonLabe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MolonLabe »

I'm assuming there was a sign that he was that irate. But I honestly didn't see one and did try though. I didn't get there until the last hour of the show and it was extremly crowded near entrances with people just hanging out in big groups. I paid enterence fee, went to the ticket taker area and nobody was even manning it. There was no police or security even present in front. I had assumed I would have to get it zip tied, and purpously left magazine in car. At that point I felt like a big goober not knowing whether or not I should flag down someone down if they weren't tying them. So I just walked in.

Return to “Ladies”