New Hornady Ammo for the Ladies

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

New Hornady Ammo for the Ladies

Post by JJVP »

[youtube][/youtube]
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New Hornady Ammo for the Ladies

Post by A-R »

"respectable" penetration?

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

Because we all KNOW that those poor little girls can't handle the full load--and guess what--we'll paint it pink too!!
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

A-R

Post by A-R »

Yeah, very patronizing ... a pink gun or whatever is one thing, but "here lil' lady, shoot these soft shootin bullets" is another

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I am not sure I will give Mr. Hornady any more of my money. It is time to replace my carry ammo for the year, and I am not sure I will get more Hornady CD. Personally disappointed and a bit insulted.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

They should have made some of the Zombie Max in pink and called them Fatal Flowers. :lol:
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

gringo pistolero wrote:They should have made some of the Zombie Max in pink and called them Fatal Flowers. :lol:
How about some white bullets, "White Oleander".
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Through how many wars over a hundred years have all sides used solid round nose bullets in shoulder and hand weapons? Now comes all sorts of "new and improved" bullets that are guaranteed to kill one's adversaries deader than dead.

I reckon today's gangbangers, muderers, rapists and assorted other bad guys are tougher than the soldiers of WWI & WWII?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:Through how many wars over a hundred years have all sides used solid round nose bullets in shoulder and hand weapons? Now comes all sorts of "new and improved" bullets that are guaranteed to kill one's adversaries deader than dead.

I reckon today's gangbangers, muderers, rapists and assorted other bad guys are tougher than the soldiers of WWI & WWII?
It's called marketing, which has improved greatly since WWII. Have you ever watched Mad Men? ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Through how many wars over a hundred years have all sides used solid round nose bullets in shoulder and hand weapons? Now comes all sorts of "new and improved" bullets that are guaranteed to kill one's adversaries deader than dead.

It's called marketing, which has improved greatly since WWII. Have you ever watched Mad Men? ;-)
Yes! We loved the TV series w/o 'marketing' interruption through our NetFlix subscription. We're eagerly awaiting the newest episodes. I don't recall all the smokin' and other {stuff} of that era. Well, maybe I do remember the smokin'.... ;-)

We couldn't wait for the next CD of Friday Night Lights. That was a great series! I guess it ran its course, the same people can't be in high school forever.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

Softpoint works great if you're shooting it with a 30 caliber rifle.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:
WildBill wrote:

Yes! We loved the TV series w/o 'marketing' interruption through our NetFlix subscription. We're eagerly awaiting the newest episodes. I don't recall all the smokin' and other {stuff} of that era. Well, maybe I do remember the smokin'.... ;-)

We couldn't wait for the next CD of Friday Night Lights. That was a great series! I guess it ran its course, the same people can't be in high school forever.
I have that series on DVD as well. I have liked Kyle Chandler ever since "Early Edition". The first two seasons are the best, IMO.

Richie Cunningham [Ron Howard] was 26 years old when he finally got out of high school and left "Happy Days." :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Low recoil= lower velocity=lower penetration= lower chance to hit vitals= higher chance of bad guy beating/stabbing you to death

That's why my wife practices with full power and high pressure loads in her self defense handgun... All these gimmick pistols and bullets are just a way to sell an inferior product at a higher price... If I don't trust the ammo to protect me on duty I will not give it to my wive for her own protection... PERIOD END OF STORY!!!
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

Return to “Ladies”