a "hipsack"

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

a "hipsack"

Post by SewTexas »

someone just posted this on a corgi group I'm on, but I think this is would be great for gun carry if you needed to carry in a pack. it's got tons of pockets and zippers, it's fairly stylish and it's nicely adjustable.

http://www.flowtoys.com/product.php?pro ... =46&page=1
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: a "hipsack"

Post by C-dub »

That thing might draw more attention than a fanny pack. Looks like a mini tool belt.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MotherBear »

I think it would depend on what you usually wear. I go to Ren Fests and I like to wear unusual clothes on occasion. My everyday shoes are custom-made mocs from a Ren Fest vendor -- most comfortable footwear EVER. To me this looks pretty cool and folks who know me probably wouldn't bat an eye (or if they don't know me, they'd look at the belt and my mocs and chalk me up as a weirdo, but not necessarily a gun-totin' weirdo). Definitely going to have to take a closer look at these... even if not for a gun, they'd be a great way to add some pockets to a Ren Fest look.

Thanks for sharing!

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

;-)

I figured someone would like it. It would have worked for me a while back, but it's not my style now, although I think it's really cute, it just won't work with what I wear.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

Does anyone you know actually have one? I've been looking around but I don't see dimensions for the pockets anywhere. Mostly it'd be the large one I'd be curious about.

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

no, it was mentioned on the corgi group, but I don't think anyone has got one yet.
~Tracy

Tass

Post by Tass »

SewTexas....what corgi group? (sorry to hi-jack, it's a corgi thing)

Tass
Buckaroo's Romancing the Bone PT CA, CWC
Shamrock's Dandy Dinsdale PT CGC, CWC
Being Earnest RN NA OAJ AXP AJP CGC, PWC, 2000-2012
and Sherman CGC, PWC, 1995-2011
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh crap, she's up"

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

oooo, it's been a while, it was on fb, so probably the mycorgi.com group there we're pretty talkative, it's possible it was one of the other little ones, but doubtful.
~Tracy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Ren Fest = Texas Renaissance Festival or something to do with Carolina Wrens?

In my opinion the item for carrying a gun looks just fine to me as long as the top of the compartment isn't open...? I looked at the photo and couldn't tell.

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

Abraham wrote:Ren Fest = Texas Renaissance Festival or something to do with Carolina Wrens?

In my opinion the item for carrying a gun looks just fine to me as long as the top of the compartment isn't open...? I looked at the photo and couldn't tell.
We go to Texas Renaissance Festival, Scarborough Faire, and Sherwood Forest Faire. Usually one or two in a given year.

I did some Googling and found some YouTube reviews, etc. It looks like the pocket has a velcro flap over the top. I decided to order one, so we'll see how it works out... should be here this week. I'm not entirely confident of how well I'll like it for carrying, but no loss if it winds up in the Ren Fest costume stash. I do think I'll want to figure out a way to rig a pocket holster inside just to be 100% sure the gun is secure.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

MotherBear wrote:
Abraham wrote:Ren Fest = Texas Renaissance Festival or something to do with Carolina Wrens?

We go to Texas Renaissance Festival, Scarborough Faire, and Sherwood Forest Faire. Usually one or two in a given year.

I did some Googling and found some YouTube reviews, etc. It looks like the pocket has a velcro flap over the top. I decided to order one, so we'll see how it works out... should be here this week. I'm not entirely confident of how well I'll like it for carrying, but no loss if it winds up in the Ren Fest costume stash. I do think I'll want to figure out a way to rig a pocket holster inside just to be 100% sure the gun is secure.
Please be aware, Scarborough Faire is posted per 30.06. You cannot carry a firearm there. :grumble

I don't know about the rest.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

last we went Ren Fest wasn't a legal posting, not sure about the last few years though. probably won't go this year
~Tracy

Return to “Ladies”