Scary moment.

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
MikeStone
Posts in topic: 1

Scary moment.

Post by MikeStone »

So we were hiking at Sheldon Lake State park yesterday (Houston) with our 3 small kids, when a (kinda) scary situation happened. The park was basically empty when we showed up. If you've never been there, there is a 6-story observation tower you can climb. As we were climbing the tower (no way out) 4 male teenagers walked out of the woods behind us. They looked out of place. We couldn't figure out why 'tattooed-up' teenagers would want to hang out at an empty park. Could just be that since I've started carrying my alert level is always higher...I guess I follow the advice, "Be cordial, but always have a plan to kill anyone you meet." (That's a joke...sort of.)

My wife felt it too. She looked at me and asked, "Did you come prepared?" I nodded and I could see her relief.

We climbed the tower and observed for a while and they just hung out at the bottom of the stairs. (Suspicious) It would have been a clear disparity of force situation.

We decided to leave and passed by them without incident. I don't know if they had bad intentions, but we made sure to address them and maintain eye contact. I think a lot of not being a victim is not looking or acting like one.

Oh, and my wife has agreed to get her CHL. :mrgreen: Since I only have one EDC, I guess I have to buy another!
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

- Thomas Jefferson

SewTexas

Re: Scary moment.

Post by SewTexas »

oh no....gun shopping :biggrinjester:

while I tend to doubt they were out for a Sunday hike....they probably were just wanting to go up for a quiet place for a smoke of the "funny" stuff.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

i'd bet they were looking for a quick "high"... the sad part is nowadays you dont know if that "high" involves smoking a little wacky backy or shooting people because they were bored.... :mad5

good news is another member in the club and hopefully a new kind of shopping spree will begin.....you may hear " honey I need a different gun to match each pari of my shoes" :lol:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

MikeStone wrote: As we were climbing the tower (no way out) 4 male teenagers walked out of the woods behind us. They looked out of place. We couldn't figure out why 'tattooed-up' teenagers would want to hang out at an empty park.
Maybe they were tending to their garden. :coolgleamA:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Return to “Ladies”