First Time?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 2

First Time?

Post by LadyLightening »

Hi Girls!

Anything interesting ever happen when you've been pulled over while carrying? What there a reaction from the officer once you handed him your CHL? Just curious if there's any difference in the officer's reactions with females vs males in traffic stops.

I've read some posts on here where they have totally freaked out...like called for backup, surrounded the vehicle, AND then make you get out of your vehicle so they can disarm you like some kind of a criminal.
Last edited by LadyLightening on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiviti
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First Time?

Post by tiviti »

Nothing interesting. In my limited experience, I actually received no comment whatsoever, which I have been told is a common reaction.

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Knock on wood, I have not been pulled over. Very good question! I'd like to hear their answers also.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Carrying has made me a much more careful and law-abiding driver! I hope to NOT be pulled over!
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Topic author
LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LadyLightening »

Songbird wrote:Carrying has made me a much more careful and law-abiding driver! I hope to NOT be pulled over!

Mine hasn't came in the mail yet but I should be getting my first update very soon! I've started trying to get in the habit of slowing it down.... my car attracts attention unfortunately (new camaro) but I haven't been pulled over yet in the 2 months I've had it. Knocking on wood! :smash:

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Three traffic stops. No ticket for two of them. One ticket for a headlight out. Reactions to the CHL were all either they couldn't care less to being very positive.

I have had a few other occasions to talk to officers associated with Tarrant County Sheriff's Department over the years at my home and never had any of them behave any differently. I'm an older lady. There isn't anything about me or my demeanor that sets off alarm bells for police so I believe that is a big factor in the positive experiences I have had so far.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

mikeloc

Post by mikeloc »

My wife's first and last traffic stop after getting her new CHL was in Richardson 1997. It was mid-morning and the officer approach fairly friendly. When he asked for her driver's license she said Oh! and I'm suppose to tell you I have a CHL. He stopped, stepped back, put his hand on his holster, opened the car door, and told her to step out of the car. He asked where her is your gun? She said in her purse. Where's your license? In my purse. Okay get your license. As she got her wallet he noticed her Beretta 96 a 40 S&W and asked why she had such a big gun? Times have really changed since the early days of carrying in Texas.

Mike

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

Six plus years in Texas, and w/license, and I haven't yet been stopped. <knock wood>

Since I've started carrying a good chunk of the time in the PistolWear under arm holster (Trump Card, I think they call it), under my shirt with the holster band around my chest and the holster about where you would expect it, I've wondered what would happen if the officer decided he needed to disarm me. I'm not letting him reach inside my shirt, thank you kindly. Guess he'll have to decide if he wants to get a female officer involved, or not worry about it. I'll be sure to post if it ever happens. However, having not been pulled over in almost 20 years <knock wood>, I hope that it is a looooooooonnnnngggg time before I can make that post. :mrgreen:

LST
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

Return to “Ladies”