my thigh holster

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

my thigh holster

Post by SewTexas »

Basically, what I did was measure around my thigh, snugly, then went to work.
I used the widest elastic JoAnn's had, which was 3 inches.

I've got it closing with velcro, if you look at JoAnn's there is a lot of different types, you want it to say "soft", I have two "gripper" strips, and on the hook side I have 3 because I had to add a strip after I'd worn it a couple of times, I'm not sure if it stretched or what.

If you look at the edges the pink is a soft elastic, yes, there is elastic on the elastic. For a couple of reasons...1) this wide elastic is rough on the edges, so it softens it a bit, 2, it adds a bit of "shiny" 3) it does pull it in just a bit.

I wear it with the bound edge of the 'holster' portion down. the binding is plain woven cotton, it keeps the elastic from stretching and keeps the gun in place.

I've tried to anticipate questions, but have probably missed something, feel free to ask.

I was hoping to put up more pics.

OK....I can't get anything to upload here. can't resize it small enough. My daughter was sweet enough to upload one of them to this site so you can see it. if you want to see more, PM me and I'll email you a couple more. I've never had a problem before. I'm not sure if it's the new software that was pushed to my android this morning?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 2

Re: my thigh holster

Post by Selina Kyle »

Wow!!! Nicely done!!! I need to be more crafty. How well does it work for you?
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

it works perfect for me. I just carry a little LCP. I wouldn't carry much of anything any larger though.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Selina Kyle »

SewTexas wrote:it works perfect for me. I just carry a little LCP. I wouldn't carry much of anything any larger though.
Sweet!! I just bought an LCP for when I get my license. :coolgleamA:
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

asbandr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by asbandr »

Awesome! Thanks for posting! What are these "gripper strips" you mentioned? I've considered making an elastic band style holster like this but worried the elastic wouldn't be rigid enough over the trigger guard. I carry a Sig P238 and it's a little bit bigger than the lcp. I'll have to finish up what I started on my thigh holster design and just see what works. Thanks for posting.
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

velcro, the gripper side, um, oh, duh.....hook side, sorry, long day at the sewing machine, "thingie" becomes a real word sometimes.
~Tracy

Return to “Ladies”