A Girl and Her Gun(s)

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Girl and Her Gun(s)

Post by drjoker »

Reminds me of my wife. She won't let me hunt at all when we first got married. She now lets me hunt alligators.

I promised to make her alligator handbags. LOL.

KatD

Post by KatD »

I enjoyed reading your story . I was never to much into guns until my hubby got me shooting ...and got me a little Ruger LCR, which I loved and its been well up hill from there .... :)

My hubby got his FFL and we started a little business out of our home here in EP... I was not to crazy about it to begin with, but after meeting a some of the customers we deal with, I have really enjoyed it ...I have enjoyed it so much that next week I will be heading to Austin to get my LTC instructor certificate ...and so very excited

I have myself a nice gun collection too including my Ruger LCP .380....that is my concealed carry, could not ask for a better companion ...

Hope you keep enjoying shooting...

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

MeMelYup wrote:
uthornsfan wrote:I wouldnt use empty cases as they might not feed properly. They may also give you the wrong impression that something has actually malfunctioned with your rifle.

Use snap caps instead.
Not feeding properly is a jam. That is what you want so the firearm requires clearing.
Snap caps are best for dry fire or misfire or for trigger control. They won't simulate a malfunction that needs to be cleared.

Boys! Boys! Boys! :tiphat:

Both of you have good points and neither of you is exclusively correct. I use both empty cases AND snap caps in magazines to get my students used to clearing a jam and to handle a hang-fire. Both have their uses and students of the handgun should be prepared to handle either one.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Mick22

Post by Mick22 »

n5wd wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:
uthornsfan wrote:I wouldnt use empty cases as they might not feed properly. They may also give you the wrong impression that something has actually malfunctioned with your rifle.

Use snap caps instead.
Not feeding properly is a jam. That is what you want so the firearm requires clearing.
Snap caps are best for dry fire or misfire or for trigger control. They won't simulate a malfunction that needs to be cleared.

Boys! Boys! Boys! :tiphat:

Both of you have good points and neither of you is exclusively correct. I use both empty cases AND snap caps in magazines to get my students used to clearing a jam and to handle a hang-fire. Both have their uses and students of the handgun should be prepared to handle either one.
Their convo was from 2014. :lol:

Return to “Ladies”