Concealed Carry Purses

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Concealed Carry Purses

Post by carlson1 »

Do you ladies happen to know of any places in DFW area that have good collections of carry purses?

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed Carry Purses

Post by Tex1961 »

We saw some really nice ones at Cabella’s. My wife almost picked out a nice leather one but it was a little pricey though.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That Is a great place to start. Thanks

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

There are always a couple of vendors at the local gun shows around here.

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

I've had great luck finding purses for Mrs. Iunnrais at the Ft Worth gun shows. More so actually than I've had finding items for myself.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Unfortunately I am never off on Saturday’s and Sundays. I haven’t been to a fun show inn over 25 years. My wife is having a hard time trying to decide just by looking online. Thanks for the help.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Academy has a couple. Not a great selection, but I did pick up one for <$50 to use as a demo in my LTC classes. Mrs. AF-Odin said it was OK.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

if you can't get to a local gun show....there are a ton on Amazon, and they are pretty good prices too. Use "American Bling" or "Montana West" as one of your searches, then go from there, I bet you'll find what you're looking for.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

SewTexas wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:18 pm if you can't get to a local gun show....there are a ton on Amazon, and they are pretty good prices too. Use "American Bling" or "Montana West" as one of your searches, then go from there, I bet you'll find what you're looking for.
Great ideal for sure. Thank you for the information.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:44 pm
SewTexas wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:18 pm if you can't get to a local gun show....there are a ton on Amazon, and they are pretty good prices too. Use "American Bling" or "Montana West" as one of your searches, then go from there, I bet you'll find what you're looking for.

I have a wardrobe of Montana West/American Bling purses. Yes, I know it's best to carry on body, and I do, but I like purse carry also.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

SewTexas wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:56 pm
carlson1 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:44 pm

I have a wardrobe of Montana West/American Bling purses. Yes, I know it's best to carry on body, and I do, but I like purse carry also.
I understand. Better, Best, or Good. :thumbs2:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

SRO1911 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:36 pm Not one of the ladies, but my better half who lurks but has never joined up 'invited' me to answer.
Gun tot'n Mama's has displays at Cabela's, bass pro and field & stream in the dfw area.
She owns a number of them which shall remain unspoken (I don't ask about purses or shoes, she doesn't ask about knives or holsters) and has nothing but good things to say about them.
While I have yet to see an ansi label on any of them I can personally attest to the handles being suitable for a minimum of 3\4 of a ton load.

:lol: :lol: I think my husband has said much the same about my purses "what on earth are you carrying in this?"
~Tracy

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

My wife has a few different carry purses, though she usually actually carries on body. Four or five years ago I purchased a Coronado Leather purse for her online (very high quality leather and construction, but a bit pricey). It is the purse she carries almost every day, and still looks great, though she did mention getting out the saddle soap and conditioner to refresh it a bit.

Its capacity seems similar to Mary Poppins' bag and I am pretty sure the weight rating is near a metric ton, but the wide convertible strap seems to spread the weight out a bit making it a bit more comfortable to carry the loads it is capable of.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Return to “Ladies”