CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

OC Day 8--Still Haven't Seen Any

Post by RossA »

I've been looking, and I still haven't seen anyone OC. I figured there wouldn't be many, and it's still January (although not really cold), so a lot of people are wearing at least a sweater or light outer garment, so their guns are still concealed. Still, no sightings yet.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

lildave40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: OC Day 8--Still Haven't Seen Any

Post by lildave40 »

RossA wrote:I've been looking, and I still haven't seen anyone OC. I figured there wouldn't be many, and it's still January (although not really cold), so a lot of people are wearing at least a sweater or light outer garment, so their guns are still concealed. Still, no sightings yet.
We saw 2 New Years day at the Kroger in Crosby, but that has been it.

Kolamer

Post by Kolamer »

So far I have only seen 4 in the Fort Worth / White Settlement area. I myself have been since day 1 (when not at work) and have had zero issues everywhere I have been.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

lildave40 wrote:
RossA wrote:I've been looking, and I still haven't seen anyone OC. I figured there wouldn't be many, and it's still January (although not really cold), so a lot of people are wearing at least a sweater or light outer garment, so their guns are still concealed. Still, no sightings yet.
We saw 2 New Years day at the Kroger in Crosby, but that has been it.
Just yesterday a man told me I was his first "armed citizen." :thumbs2:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

None here (east of Waco), either. A quick straw poll at an event with a number of law enforcement officers last night indicates they also haven't seen any.

I'd say the right to keep and bear is strong in this neck of the woods, too, and that makes me happy. It's one thing to drive past a speed trap without my pulse going up, it's a whole different feeling to be accepted as a law abiding, free citizen, and nothing I've found does that like lawfully carrying a firearm and the consequent expectation of responsibility and good judgement.

I had a pen in my shirt pocket. Nobody thought that was a threat.

Getting advice from policemen about gear and technique, they probably suspected I lawfully carry. Nobody thought that was a threat, either.

The way it ought to be.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

oljames3 wrote:Just yesterday a man told me I was his first "armed citizen." :thumbs2:
Oh, bless his heart.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Have you OCed?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Mick22

Post by Mick22 »

I've also haven't seen any OC'ers.

Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

Got to see my first one in Houston while at a store looking for a holster.

stroo

Post by stroo »

My wife saw one at lunch today. Turned out to be a LEO so that doesn't really count.

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I OC the first time last night. I was on my way home from work and had to stop and get gas. Just a few minutes so no big deal. Today at lunch I left the office (no 0C allowed in office) and walked around the neighborhood where there are a lot of outdoor shops and stores. Just stayed on the sidewalk and walked around for 20 or 30 minutes. Just a few minutes ago I went into Walmart to pick up a couple of items. If anyone noticed my gun they didn't say anything.
I have to admit, I still feel a little "naked" walking around OC since it is so new to me. I guess I will get used to it and hopefully the people around me will as well.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

RossA wrote:I OC the first time last night. I was on my way home from work and had to stop and get gas. Just a few minutes so no big deal. Today at lunch I left the office (no 0C allowed in office) and walked around the neighborhood where there are a lot of outdoor shops and stores. Just stayed on the sidewalk and walked around for 20 or 30 minutes. Just a few minutes ago I went into Walmart to pick up a couple of items. If anyone noticed my gun they didn't say anything.
I have to admit, I still feel a little "naked" walking around OC since it is so new to me. I guess I will get used to it and hopefully the people around me will as well.
:tiphat:

Excellent!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

ttownsig

Post by ttownsig »

Havent seen anyone else OC here either

xrays1

Post by xrays1 »

I have not seen any OC in Southeast Texas (Beaumont/Port Arthur area) either. I personally don't plan to OC, but I have no problems with those who do.

jt88

Post by jt88 »

I've OC'd a bit around the north Fort Worth area. Haven't seen anyone else, and no one has said anything to me. It's been extremely uneventful. So much for all the excitement that was building in the week before.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”