Can my wife attain hers?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BigShaunPolk
Posts in topic: 2

Can my wife attain hers?

Post by BigShaunPolk »

Sorry if this has been asked before. I am red blooded american from Tennessee. My wife however is salsa blooded from Mexico. She is a permanent resident of the U.S. has her permanent resident card. Can she attain her concealed carry permit? I did a search and didnt find her exact problem so figured I would ask. Thank you for your time.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can my wife attain hers?

Post by Liberty »

Yes, she can.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
BigShaunPolk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigShaunPolk »

Thank you for your quick response. Will we have to do anhything special for her as opposed to what I had to do? I just need her to not only be able to protect herself but my children when Im not there. Just bought her a bersa 380 thunder she is in love with.

apostate

Post by apostate »

BigShaunPolk wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:37 pm Thank you for your quick response. Will we have to do anhything special for her as opposed to what I had to do? I just need her to not only be able to protect herself but my children when Im not there. Just bought her a bersa 380 thunder she is in love with.
Applicants born outside the United States have to submit additional documentation. In her case, that would be a copy of her I-551 (green card) to show legal resident status. Other than that, it should be like your process.
https://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms ... LTC-40.pdf

The Badger531

Post by The Badger531 »

Dear Big Shaun Polk
ME AND MY G/F Both CARRY Bersa380's AND WE TOO LOVE THEM Just WANTED TO SAY IT LOL
CHL Class Taken On 1/03/08
Sent in Application On 04/13/08
PIN Received on 06/03/08
Chl app Approved License issued 9/2/08
Plastic in Hand 9/4/08

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

BigShaunPolk wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 am Sorry if this has been asked before. I am red blooded american from Tennessee. My wife however is salsa blooded from Mexico. She is a permanent resident of the U.S. has her permanent resident card. Can she attain her concealed carry permit? I did a search and didnt find her exact problem so figured I would ask. Thank you for your time.
Welcome to the forum. As you might guess from my username, I’m also a Tennesseean who loves living here in Texas. And like you, I married a fine southern girl (southern Argentina is where mine is from). And she carries every day.

What part of Texas is home for you?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”