Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Magnetic Vehicle Mount

Post by Maxwell »

Liberty wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:03 pm
Maxwell wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:05 am
RebornJames wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 pm :mrgreen: r
rm9792 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:17 pm I have one in my jeep mounted low on the bottom edge of the console. Black gun against black carpet it is nigh invisible. Jeep is lifted and rides rough pistol has never moved. Those magnets are pretty strong. Get a new instructor.
Problem is the police don't know the law...
"Nigh invisible" is not "out of sight," even with your leg covering it.
IMO and IANAL
Maybe not, but it might be considered concealed.
Is that a question worth losing your LTC for?
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Maxwell wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:56 pm
rm9792 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:17 pm I have one in my jeep mounted low on the bottom edge of the console. Black gun against black carpet it is nigh invisible. Jeep is lifted and rides rough pistol has never moved. Those magnets are pretty strong. Get a new instructor.
IMO and IANAL
We all draw our own lines and occasionally make choices that stretch the lines that could be negatively interpreted. Such as passing a misworded 30.06. I have occasionally carried a holstered handgun, in my vehicles side pocket. It is not on my person and could possibly be seen when I open the driver's door to get out or even possibly seen if viewed from a very specific angle. I believe I am within the law. I believe it is very unlikely it would ever be spotted. I suppose it could be argued that I am wrong, but I am not worried about it. If I ever get busted, I will be sure to post as a warning to others that it may be a bad idea.

While I'm not a fan of the magnet solution. I do believe It would be considered concealed by law at least while the driver was the vehicle.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Interesting

Post by warnmar10 »

Last active:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 pm
Total posts:
1 | Search user’s posts
(0.00% of all posts / 0.00 posts per day)
Most active forum:
General Texas CHL Discussion
(1 Post / 100.00% of user’s posts)
Most active topic:
Magnetic Vehicle Mount
(1 Post / 100.00% of user’s posts)

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Liberty wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 pm
Maxwell wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:56 pm
IMO and IANAL
We all draw our own lines and occasionally make choices that stretch the lines that could be negatively interpreted. Such as passing a misworded 30.06. I have occasionally carried a holstered handgun, in my vehicles side pocket. It is not on my person and could possibly be seen when I open the driver's door to get out or even possibly seen if viewed from a very specific angle. I believe I am within the law. I believe it is very unlikely it would ever be spotted. I suppose it could be argued that I am wrong, but I am not worried about it. If I ever get busted, I will be sure to post as a warning to others that it may be a bad idea.

While I'm not a fan of the magnet solution. I do believe It would be considered concealed by law at least while the driver was the vehicle.
Liberty,

We do draw our own lines and I was not throwing stones. God knows I've blurred, and crossed, my share. The original question came from a new LTC and like with my kids, I err on the conservative side first.

No slight intended my friend.

Max
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Maxwell wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm
We do draw our own lines and I was not throwing stones. God knows I've blurred, and crossed, my share. The original question came from a new LTC and like with my kids, I err on the conservative side first.

No slight intended my friend.

Max
none taken at all.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”