Re: 30.06 Ruling Letters

Post by ELB »

On to the Texas Supreme Court.
USAF 1982-2005

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Boxerrider »

The senate has time to address this now, correct???

C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

Boxerrider wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:36 pm The senate has time to address this now, correct???
They do, but I don't think they can since it wasn't one of the things specified for the Special Session.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Boxerrider »

C-dub wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:46 pm
Boxerrider wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:36 pm The senate has time to address this now, correct???
They do, but I don't think they can since it wasn't one of the things specified for the Special Session.
Ahh, I forgot about that - topics of a special session are limited to those assigned by the governor, aren't they?
When there really is a session, I do want them to concentrate on the voting bill. Another part of me, however, wants him to stack things up while the dems are playing hookey.

ELB
Posts in topic: 83

Post by ELB »

The Supreme Court of Texas denied review of Attorney General petition on 11 March 2022. Justice Devine dissented.

https://search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia ... 0dfa55059f

Without rereading my own posts above, as I recall the Court of Appeals upheld the trial court’s decision, so this means the trial court’s rulings stand. Austin gets fined about $6K if I remember correctly. Maybe interest also.

Also if I recall correctly, this means you can carry on authority of your LTCH In the Austin City Hall building other than the actual court room and court offices, unless court is in session, in which case you may not carrying any part of the building. I don’t remember if open curry was legal when this case started, so I don’t know how that is affected, and I’m pretty sure constitutional carry did not come around until after this case started, so ditto.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”