Embarrassing incident

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bbhack
Posts in topic: 3

Embarrassing incident

Post by bbhack »

So, I get in the car. I was at the gym. I had placed the EDC between the seat and console. I checked, and it was not there.

I was 99.5% sure I remembered putting it there. That's the only place in the passenger compartment I will put it. Now, I was second thinking, did I really lock the door? Was it possible that I left it at home? In those situations, the mind plays tricks.

I get home. Check. No, not there. Call police, make report of stolen pistol. Officer comes by. Super nice guy.

Wife gets home. We chat a little. Cop goes to write up report. Wife looks under seat. There it is.

That's enough of this story.

Even though this was a false alarm, I'm rethinking how to store in the vehicle. I have a chain and a long shank lock, so there's always that. I used to do that in the truck, since the truck has a much higher rate of break-in than the car.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

G.A. Heath

Re: Embarrassing incident

Post by G.A. Heath »

I have a Tuffy console vault in my pickup and their secure underseat lockbox in my Jeep. Not fool proof but much better than the cabled lock boxes, which are better than nothing.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

Glad it ended well, even if it gives your wife a story you'd rather she didn't know! :biggrinjester:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Archery1

Post by Archery1 »

G.A. Heath wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:30 am I have a Tuffy console vault in my pickup and their secure underseat lockbox in my Jeep. Not fool proof but much better than the cabled lock boxes, which are better than nothing.
I have that console vault in my truck as well!! Easy enough to install and tucked deep in the console!

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

And it is well made.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

bbhack wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 am So, I get in the car. I was at the gym. I had placed the EDC between the seat and console. I checked, and it was not there.

I was 99.5% sure I remembered putting it there. That's the only place in the passenger compartment I will put it. Now, I was second thinking, did I really lock the door? Was it possible that I left it at home? In those situations, the mind plays tricks.

I get home. Check. No, not there. Call police, make report of stolen pistol. Officer comes by. Super nice guy.

Wife gets home. We chat a little. Cop goes to write up report. Wife looks under seat. There it is.

Even though this was a false alarm, I'm rethinking how to store in the vehicle. I have a chain and a long shank lock, so there's always that. I used to do that in the truck, since the truck has a much higher rate of break-in than the car.
When things like this go down, never make eye contact with your bride. The memory locks in her brain forever. "rlol"
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

Console lock box in my Jeep as well. I have a soft top so it literally was the very first thing I purchased when I brought it home. Hats off to OP, not gonna lie, you got stones admitting that, but dang man especially as a LTC holder you should know better than leaving an unsecured firearm in your car. But at least this might be a good reminder for the rest of us.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

bbhack wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 am So, I get in the car. I was at the gym. I had placed the EDC between the seat and console. I checked, and it was not there.

I use to keep mine in the same location. After about the third time it slipped down to the floor I changed locations. I was concerned about it being available in an emergency situation.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

In my BMW there is a small storage space with a closable door just to the left of the steering wheel, just under the headlight switch. It's the perfect spot for my Colt Mustang. I have good access if I need it, but it's also very convenient to take it out when I park. My Colt Defender fits in there, but the door won't close and keep it hidden. I've tried the lockable storage boxes, they are great for storage and security, but terrible in the "I need it quick department".
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

baseballguy2001 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:41 am In my BMW there is a small storage space with a closable door just to the left of the steering wheel, just under the headlight switch. It's the perfect spot for my Colt Mustang. I have good access if I need it, but it's also very convenient to take it out when I park. My Colt Defender fits in there, but the door won't close and keep it hidden. I've tried the lockable storage boxes, they are great for storage and security, but terrible in the "I need it quick department".
This is one thing I really miss about my old 535. I drive an X5 now, and despite being a much larger vehicle, that storage compartment is tiny. Like Kel-Tec P3AT tiny. A J frame won't even fit.

But is does have a great covered space in the back that will hold a couple AR's or Shockwave's. So that's a decent trade-off.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

This thread made me think. I ordered a console vault for my Ram 1500 this morning.
Charlie

03Lightningrocks

TxRVer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 pm This thread made me think. I ordered a console vault for my Ram 1500 this morning.
Now you need to order a Ford F150 for that console box and you will be all set. :mrgreen:

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm
TxRVer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 pm This thread made me think. I ordered a console vault for my Ram 1500 this morning.
Now you need to order a Ford F150 for that console box and you will be all set. :mrgreen:
MODERATORS, HELP. SOMEONE IS CUSSING ON THE FORUM. :lol:

03Lightningrocks

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm
:nono: "rlol"
Charlie

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”