Another doozey of a question 46:15 (b) & (o)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Another doozey of a question 46:15 (b) & (o)

Post by NotRPB »

Another doozey of a question :confused5
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm
I just got mt printed LTC-15 from DPS ...reading the new

46:15(b)
Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY
(b) Sections 46.02, 46.03(a)(14), and 46.04(a-1) do not apply to a person who:
Sec. 46.04. UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF FIREARM.
(a-1) A person who is a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01, commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft.

So... Street gangs ... can carry in cars, boats, kayaks/watercraft, if ...are military, travelling, are fishing or hunting, security officers, PPOs, etc etc?...
====
This may need to be on the "cleanup bill" list if i read it correctly?
Like the 46:15 (m) and (m) duplicity and...
Like the 46:035 (a-1) and (a-1) duplicity which are apparently caused by 2 separate bills being passed with identical lettering
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm
Last edited by NotRPB on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Another doozey of a question 46:15(b) & (o)

Post by NotRPB »

this also needs "substantially similar" defined or removed
vague ambiguous & overly broad

see 46.15(o)(1)

(o) A person may provide notice that firearms and other weapons are prohibited under Section 46.03 on the premises or other property, as applicable, by posting a sign at each entrance to the premises or other property that:

(1) includes language that is identical to or substantially similar to the following: "Pursuant to Section 46.03, Penal Code (places weapons prohibited), a person may not carry a firearm or other weapon on this property";

(2) includes the language described by Subdivision (1) in both English and Spanish;

(3) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and

(4) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another doozey of a question 46:15 (b) & (o)

Post by carlson1 »

We try to avoid posting things that speaks of any “self defense Insursnce” and I will forego that here too. I am a going to post this on the other thread about questions.

I just watched (two days) ago a YouTube video by one of those companies that I think was very good. It is an older video and entitled “Understand Texas Constitutional Carry…”. Great explanation or at least it was to me of so many questions. It is quiet a long video, but it was well worth my time.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”