Moved from Texas a year ago…

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TheSoundGrip
Posts in topic: 1

Moved from Texas a year ago…

Post by TheSoundGrip »

I (unfortunately) moved from Texas to Oklahoma nearly one year ago. I currently have an Oklahoma driver’s license, but never changed my Texas LTC address to my Oklahoma address since we have permitless carry here in Oklahoma and when I go home to Texas. I am considering moving back to Texas within the next year and plan to renew my LTC, so will I have to go through the course all over again or is my LTC still valid and all I need to do is update my LTC to out of state for the time being till I move back and change my address?

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Moved from Texas a year ago…

Post by Tex1961 »

I'd call DPS, but.. I believe that if you change your address to out of state your LTC automatically changes to non resident. And reverse. If you have a Texas LTC and you move back and change to a Texas address it is again automatically updated as a resident Texas LTC... Main thing is to make sure you keep it renewed...

Also not updating your LTC within 30 days could lead to a fine and a 30 day suspension and possibly revoked.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Did your TX LTC expire?

If not, just renew it or, just submit a change of address to your new TX residence after getting your TX DL.

Not recommended, but, concealed is concealed.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

seph

Post by seph »

Don't forgot Texas is permitless carry too.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

seph wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:22 pm Don't forgot Texas is permitless carry too.
Yeah, here's where I get confused. I have a Security Level III license. According to that license, my side arm must be visible. I also have an LTC (Previously a LG L)
Here is my understanding. I can only carry under the authority of one license at at time. So, when I'm not the job as Security, I can not legally carry concealed.
Not really a problem a my current location, but a previous employee did not allow armed security. So ... would I have been in violation to have carried concealed while on the job/
My understanding is yes. This was a city owned library in the state of Texas. As they received tax dollars, they could not legally post. So, the progressive board had set up a situation where the ONLY PERSON unable to carry a fire arm was their security personnel.
I thought about carrying concealed, instead I took a different job.
This library is in a declining part of town, right across the street from a homeless shelter and mission. They are a few blocks north of the rail yard. New employees were required to watch video about libraries as defect homeless shelters.
I took a better security j0b at an ER.
These DA'S at the library are setting up an untenable failure when some drug addled ass hat showes up and starts shooting people. Never mind that I, and the police department, have warned about the danger. In their liberal minds, more dead people equals "Defund the police."

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

BigGuy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:00 pm
seph wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:22 pm Don't forgot Texas is permitless carry too.
Yeah, here's where I get confused. I have a Security Level III license. According to that license, my side arm must be visible. I also have an LTC (Previously a LG L)
Here is my understanding. I can only carry under the authority of one license at at time. So, when I'm not the job as Security, I can not legally carry concealed.
Not really a problem a my current location, but a previous employee did not allow armed security. So ... would I have been in violation to have carried concealed while on the job/
My understanding is yes. This was a city owned library in the state of Texas. As they received tax dollars, they could not legally post. So, the progressive board had set up a situation where the ONLY PERSON unable to carry a fire arm was their security personnel.
This library is in a declining part of town, right across the street from a homeless shelter and mission. They are a few blocks north of the rail yard. New employees were required to watch video about libraries as defect homeless shelters.
These DA'S at the library are setting up an untenable failure when some drug addled ass hat showes up and starts shooting people. Never mind that I, and the police department, have warned about the danger. In their liberal minds, more dead people equals "Defund the police."
Couple of questions. What is a LG L, Previous to LTC was,CHL… Assuming that you held your level 3 license even though you were at an unarmed location, you were still employed as a security guard. So my opinion is that yes you would have been in violation by carrying concealed while working as a level 3 security guard even though the position was unarmed. As far as not being allowed to carry concealed off the job, I would consult an attorney or at least a L3 instructor.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Tex1961 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:29 pm
BigGuy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:00 pm
Couple of questions. What is a LG L, Previous to LTC was,CHL… Assuming that you held your level 3 license even though you were at an unarmed location, you were still employed as a security guard. So my opinion is that yes you would have been in violation by carrying concealed while working as a level 3 security guard even though the position was unarmed. As far as not being allowed to carry concealed off the job, I would consult an attorney or at least a L3 instructor.
LG L was fat fingers. I intended to type CHL. I'm not at that job any more, so it's only curiosity now. I don't have any concerns about carrying off the job. I'm certain my LTC is the license in effect at that time.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”