Banks and CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 6

Banks and CHL

Post by LDB415 »

I went to my bank today and they've posted 05/06/07. I can understand 07 and maybe 05 but not 06. Anyway, are there any banks left, hopefully around Friendswood, Pearland, Webster that don't post 30.06? I've contacted my otherwise excellent bank and voiced my concerns but I doubt it will make a difference so I figure I better start looking for a new bank.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

tomneal
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Banks and CHL

Post by tomneal »

Which bank?

I too am in the market for a new bank. I am looking for a Texas state bank.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

My bank that just posted is HomeTown Bank with headquarters in Galveston and a few branches, two here in Friendswood.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Our main bank for over 30 years is now BoA, but has been NCNB and Nations Bank before that. We haven't changed banks, but rather they changed for us. My main branch that I go into when I have to is the one in South Carrollton where the armored car guys were attacked a few weeks ago filling or servicing the ATM machines. When I had some business I wanted to go inside the bank for a week after that incident I was carrying concealed and did not see any signs prohibiting concealed or open carry. Given BoA's stance on second amendment issues I'm a little surprised they aren't posted. I hadn't been inside here in quite a while. There were two armed guards just inside the main door, but I don't know if they've been stationed there for a while or this was new because of the robbery of the ATM guys.

My other bank is PNC. This is where our financial advisor operates from and he is a gun guy. We usually talk about guns for 5-10 minutes of every visit before we get to financial stuff. The bank is not posted and I usually conceal carry here, but have open carried a couple times when visiting him and once having to see a regular teller for something. No one batted an eye and they do not have any armed guards visible.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

C-dub wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:31 pm Our main bank for over 30 years is now BoA, but has been NCNB and Nations Bank before that. We haven't changed banks, but rather they changed for us. My main branch that I go into when I have to is the one in South Carrollton where the armored car guys were attacked a few weeks ago filling or servicing the ATM machines. When I had some business I wanted to go inside the bank for a week after that incident I was carrying concealed and did not see any signs prohibiting concealed or open carry. Given BoA's stance on second amendment issues I'm a little surprised they aren't posted. I hadn't been inside here in quite a while. There were two armed guards just inside the main door, but I don't know if they've been stationed there for a while or this was new because of the robbery of the ATM guys.

My other bank is PNC. This is where our financial advisor operates from and he is a gun guy. We usually talk about guns for 5-10 minutes of every visit before we get to financial stuff. The bank is not posted and I usually conceal carry here, but have open carried a couple times when visiting him and once having to see a regular teller for something. No one batted an eye and they do not have any armed guards visible.
I have the exact same two banks. BOA is personal and PNC is business. Neither is posted in Plano at any of their locations. I carry concealed in them all the time.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Add me as another who came the Nation's Bank - BOA route. I loved Nation's bank and was thrilled with their bill payment setup. BOA retained that and with it my business. Their credit card divisions, OTOH, sucked, at least for me and I cancelled and went to Chase. I've used many BOA branches and have never seen any gun related sign. But their front glass is already full with all manner of other signs and I'm not sure that they could post if they wanted to, based on space.

Because of their Second Amendment unfriendly posture, I've elected to do nothing but CC in BOA. Some branch manager with a wild hair up their backside could give me notice and affect my ongoing ability to CC. It isn't worth the risk, at least to me. I've also been on Chase branches and not seen signs but I visit those seldom and my experience may not be the same for others.

As far as I'm concerned, "jugging" (being followed after exiting a bank) is one of my greater exposures. I always watch my mirrors when I drive away and make sure that i'm not followed. Given how brazen criminals have become, the space between the bank's front door and being inside my vehicle is another vulnerability. I cannot have my gun with me for that if I didn't first carry it into the bank.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Haven't ever seen a posted Chase location.... Yet.

I think Jamie Dimon is a closet MAGA supporter "rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I had BoA for a while when I needed nationwide access but they are too leftist liberal and I'm glad to be rid of them. I'll have to check into PNC a bit more. I have an account with them just for a rental property my stepmom deposits the monthly rent payment into. I don't do anything with it except write checks once a year for all the various property taxes, insurance and homeowner nazis. Guess I need to look into maybe switching to them. I'm hoping HTB decides to pull the 30.06 signs. I spoke to the President/CEO for about 20 minutes this afternoon. It seemed to be a productive conversation so I'll give it a month to see if anything happens and in that time figure out what plan B is, if needed.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I use Chase for personal and business. We also use Bank of the West for my wife's craft business. I am in both a couple of times a week and have not seen any signs YET. When I do, I will be looking for another bank
We had BoA for my wife's craft business but they became way to leftist for me, especially on their CC acceptance.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I'm very pleased to say I heard from the president/CEO of my bank today. After considering my arguments in favor of allowing CHL carry he has decided to remove the 30.06 signs from the banks. The 05/07 will stay but it's a win for 30.06 carry. I'm very happy with this outcome and conceitedly giving myself full credit for the good result.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

LDB415 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:27 pm I'm very pleased to say I heard from the president/CEO of my bank today. After considering my arguments in favor of allowing CHL carry he has decided to remove the 30.06 signs from the banks. The 05/07 will stay but it's a win for 30.06 carry. I'm very happy with this outcome and conceitedly giving myself full credit for the good result.
You sir are a great ambassador. Good job.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Tex1961 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:55 pm
LDB415 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:27 pm I'm very pleased to say I heard from the president/CEO of my bank today. After considering my arguments in favor of allowing CHL carry he has decided to remove the 30.06 signs from the banks. The 05/07 will stay but it's a win for 30.06 carry. I'm very happy with this outcome and conceitedly giving myself full credit for the good result.
You sir are a great ambassador. Good job.
+1 :tiphat:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Well done. :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ve been a Viewpoint/Legacy Texas/Prosperity Bank customer at the same Euless branch for something like 14 years now. I rarely need to go into the branch office so I can’t speak to their current status. But at least up until 2015, they never had anything but a generic "gun busters" sign. Sometime (but not immediately) after passage of open carry, I recall them posting some other kind of sign…but that was definitely after the time I sat down with the then branch manager—while open carrying my G19 in a shoulder holster—and had a friendly conversation just about life, and how things were going for the both of us. She left that job before covid hit, maybe 3 years ago, and I think it was afterwards that they might have posted some other kind of sign at that branch…but if so, there’s no record of it on the Texas3006 app. I haven’t been inside the branch office in a couple of months, but I don’t recall seeing any other kind of 05/06/07 specific signage when I was there last.

What would I change if they posted 30.06 there? Probably nothing…at,east not initially. 99+% of the time, my gat is properly concealed, and I will carry on. At some point though, I’ll likely be moving my banking to the Bank of Texas branch office in Hurst anyway, because it is much closer to my home. I’m just waiting for a specific financial event to take place. That bank branch isn’t posted on the app. But it it were, I don’t care. Conceal and carry on.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

They took the sign down Monday before lunch so it's a done deal success.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”