Armed good Samaritan shoots suspect who allegedly knocked out elderly man in restaurant bathroom

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Armed good Samaritan shoots suspect who allegedly knocked out elderly man in restaurant bathroom

Post by Grayling813 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-good-s ... t-bathroom

A licensed gun owner shot a man at a Texas smokehouse who allegedly knocked an elderly man unconscious in a restaurant bathroom.

Woody's Smokehouse, Centerville, TX August 14th.

ELB

Re: Armed good Samaritan shoots suspect who allegedly knocked out elderly man in restaurant bathroom

Post by ELB »

Bravo!
USAF 1982-2005

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Armed good Samaritan shoots suspect who allegedly knocked out elderly man in restaurant bathroom

Post by philip964 »

Bravo also, but was it a legal use of a handgun?

Doubt a DA in Centerville would prosecute or a jury would convict.

What if it was in Austin, where it happened?

Doesn’t say age of shooter or shootee?

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:11 am Bravo also, but was it a legal use of a handgun?

Doubt a DA in Centerville would prosecute or a jury would convict.

What if it was in Austin, where it happened?

Doesn’t say age of shooter or shootee?
Based on the information in the article, I would say YES.. It was a legal use of deadly force. The bad actor already demonstrated his willingness to use deadly force which by the definition of deadly force "Deadly force" means force that is intended or known by the actor to cause, or in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing, death or serious bodily injury He already knocked an elderly person out and was attacking the armed defender.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I believe that the good guy showed admirable restraint before going to guns.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Holy smokes!!!

I know those bathrooms well. Every time I travel to Brenham I stop at Woody's on the southbound side on my way down and then at the northbound side on the way back. And I am always armed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964

Post by philip964 »

C-dub wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:07 pm Holy smokes!!!

I know those bathrooms well. Every time I travel to Brenham I stop at Woody's on the southbound side on my way down and then at the northbound side on the way back. And I am always armed.
Us city residents, assume that out in the country it’s all safe. Centerville is about as country as it gets for me unless I’m driving to ElPaso.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Just over 20 miles from my place. Then again, so is everything.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:08 pm Just over 20 miles from my place. Then again, so is everything.
So, you think your house is far from everything?

Think about the unofficial motto for Midland-Odessa:

6 hours from anywhere!!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”