Address

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Stupid
Posts in topic: 6

Address

Post by Stupid »

The address requried by DPS is residence address or mailing address? What would happen if I put mailing address on there?

ElGato
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ElGato »

The application will ask you for both.

Tomcat
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Topic author
Stupid

Post by Stupid »

If I move after getting the CHL?

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

When you change your address you have 30 days to change your DL and CHL, if you don't you are subject to a 30 day suspension of your license on the first offence.
To carry legally you must have a valid and correct DL and CHL.

Tomcat
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

You can even move while they are processing your application and it will get to you. If you call them in time, they don't even charge you the change of address fee.

Happened to me that way - although the only reason it did was that it took them about 120 days to grant the license.

Topic author
Stupid

Post by Stupid »

After I move, I can just change both addresses to my mailing address. What would be the penalty if they find out? suspension is OK with me.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbirds1210 »

Unless it costs your life....be careful with these decisions, I think it is only 25 bucks to change your address. CHL is such a privelege...the rules are easy to abide by and the cost is reasonable. I think we should all do our part by playing by those rules. Just my opinion..
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Suspension is not OK with me. :( I think that this is a right that belongs to the people who make an effort to obey the rules or law and if they don't like a rule or law will make an effort to change it for one they think is better for all.

Tomcat

Topic author
Stupid

Post by Stupid »

Most of people here don't get the point of protecting privacy. DPS routinely sell our private information to other parties - not just LE agencies. Almost anybody can show up and pay a small fee to get your information - all they need is your license plate number or your name.

I truly have no problem letting the government know where I live as I am a law abiding citizen.

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txinvestigator »

Stupid wrote:Most of people here don't get the point of protecting privacy. DPS routinely sell our private information to other parties - not just LE agencies. Almost anybody can show up and pay a small fee to get your information - all they need is your license plate number or your name.

I truly have no problem letting the government know where I live as I am a law abiding citizen.
You have no idea what "most of the people here" get. You are beginning to smell like a troll.

DPS does NOT sell any information regarding CHL's to private parties, much less routinely.

No one can discover information about you from DPS with your license plate number. If someone inquires if a specific peson has a CHL, DPS notifies the person who was inquired about and gives them THAT persons info also.

DPS DOES sell DL info, as it is public information; however, you can opt out of that as well.
Last edited by txinvestigator on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Your not on anyone's list, but If a person inquires in writing whether a named individual is a license holder, the Department is required by statute to indicate whether or not the individual is a license holder and if so, the Department must disclose the license holder's full name, date of birth, gender, race and zip code. If the Department recieves such a request regarding a license holder, the Department will notify the license holder of the request and the name of the requestor.

No address, and they will tell you who asked.

My address is in the phone book anyway and half the town can give you direction's to my house.

Tomcat

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Stupid wrote:After I move, I can just change both addresses to my mailing address. What would be the penalty if they find out? suspension is OK with me.
No offense intended but, with this attitude why even get a CHL?

I must agree with ElGato. It is your responsibility to learn and obey the laws. If you don't like the laws work to change them. There are many here who work very hard at doing just that. We have CHL today because of the tireless work they've put in.

Don't be a statistic that gets used in Austin against CHL legislation.

If i'm off base, then I apologize, but I just don't understand how someone would be content with a suspension of thier CHL.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Txinvestigator
Not only are we posting at the same time, our thoughts are running the same direction.

Tomcat

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

I am with you Tomcat....just about everyone in town can tell you where I live, there is no need to pay for it! Although, I do appreciate the need for free enterprise...if a company or individual wants to pay for something that is free, so be it. I could really care less.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

txinvestigator wrote:You have no idea what "most of the people here" get. You are beginning to smell like a troll.
I smell it too...Down Tex! Down!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But then again...

I used to have a subscription to PublicData.com

You would be amazed at how much info IS actually floating out there on every single one of you...

All you need is one little part of the puzzle to get all the info you need on another in less than 2 minutes...

BTW, we got that bill signed into law recently, from Suzanna Hupp, that protects our information about our CHL, and any other correllating data to that certification right???

So unless you are L.E., nobody has access to that proprietary data...

How's that for privacy Mr. Stupid??? Or do you still think everyone's out to get ya???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”