Packet mailed to applicant

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
nomadcrna
Posts in topic: 1

Packet mailed to applicant

Post by nomadcrna »

They received my app on Nov 2 at 0745 yet today Nov 14 1400 it still shows "Packet mailed to applicant". I called and they told me it takes up to 4 weeks to get it into the system? This just does not sound correct.

Any help appreciated.

Ron Ray

wrt45

Re: Packet mailed to applicant

Post by wrt45 »

nomadcrna wrote:They received my app on Nov 2 at 0745 yet today Nov 14 1400 it still shows "Packet mailed to applicant". I called and they told me it takes up to 4 weeks to get it into the system? This just does not sound correct.

Any help appreciated.

Ron Ray
Stay on them about this. My last renewal showed the same "Packet Mailed" message from mid June to early September. I had to call them several times before they finally went looking for the lost packet. When they did find the packet it was only a short time before I had my new license.

This was hardly my first renewal, and absolutely nothing on the app had changed since the beginning of the CHL program (except a few birthdays).
An ironic thing was that they received my instructor's renewal the very same day (seperate packet) and had no trouble processing that.

Its not hard for them to misplace packets, so be sure they haven't lost it somewhere in the dark voids of government bureaucracy.

Goober

Post by Goober »

thats what they told me i am still waiting.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Makes you wonder why there'd be a back up in sending "blank" packets out???

Looks like we'll be getting into a backlog of investigations and licenses going out here in the next few months...

i.e.:

- Your fingerprints are smudged...Submit new ones...

- You forgot to sign your pictures...Sign them and send them back...

- Did you ever live in Niagra Falls, New York???

- Steve, yer too ugly in those pictures, go to glamour shots and get some work done... :lol:

etc etc etc...

They always seem to come up with something at the strangest times...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

- Steve, yer too ugly in those pictures, go to glamour shots and get some work done..
Wouldn't work. Noone is that good! :lol: :P :lol:

It seems as if most of the complaints are comming from the renewal side of the fence lately. The reports i've been seeing indicate that first timers have been going relatively quick.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

dws1117 wrote:
- Steve, yer too ugly in those pictures, go to glamour shots and get some work done..
Wouldn't work. Noone is that good! :lol: :P :lol:

It seems as if most of the complaints are comming from the renewal side of the fence lately. The reports i've been seeing indicate that first timers have been going relatively quick.
Seems that way...But if you renew yours with plenty of reasonable lead time, before your current license expires...

It doesn't feel as bad...

I kinda agree with you on the glamour shots deal...I'm a low maintenance guy... :lol:

But can you imagine someone using the right sized glamour shots for their CHL??? And before you ask...No, I do not raise white tigers!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”