open carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

phddan
Posts in topic: 4

Re: open carry

Post by phddan »

And here I thought I had convinced most everybody that I was right last time. :lol:

Dan

Keith B
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Keith B »

Mike1951 wrote:Better a laugh fest than a slug fest!
I was at a slug fest once. It was in my garden. I hate them nasty little slimey green critters. Poured salt on every one of 'em I could! :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 10

Post by anygunanywhere »

Keith B wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:Better a laugh fest than a slug fest!
I was at a slug fest once. It was in my garden. I hate them nasty little slimey green critters. Poured salt on every one of 'em I could! :biggrinjester:
Put a jar lid full of beer on the ground and watch them assemble and drink. At least the ones in our yard in Kalifornia did along with the snails.

:cheers2:

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
oldboyshooter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oldboyshooter »

Interesting. Whoever stated it would probably never happen due to the idea that we (CHL owners) have problems with it, then the thought that the winnie ninnie Legislature would never touch it seems to be correct.

I do not quite understand why some of us would object. If you wanted to carry concealed, go right ahead. If you wanted to carry open, go right ahead. Freedom to choose.

And yes, I do draw my weapon a lot quicker with a comp-tac paddle holster than any inside the waistband holster I own (including a comp-tac IWB). If I must pull my Kel-Tec out of my pocket, well, I hope no one is in a hurry.

And I also agree, if shotguns and long guns can be carried down main street in plain view, why can't a pistol? Someone must have an erroneous idea that the pistol is the more lethal. I will take my chance against a handgun rather than any rifle or shotgun, thank you very much. I have skinned out too many deer shot with a high-power rifle to believe that a 30-06 to my chest would be anything other than lethal (with expanding bullets).

Oh well, be thankful for what we have I guess.

Thanks for the replies.

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 9

Post by txinvestigator »

oldboyshooter wrote: And I also agree, if shotguns and long guns can be carried down main street in plain view, why can't a pistol? .
I don't think that would go to far round these parts.

lol
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

Everyone knows that the only reason this thread hasn't gone into the dumper is because I haven't posted to it yet. "rlol"
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BrassMonkey »

With open carry, who needs cops?
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I will point out that NY, although it is tough to get a carry permit, allows open carry with one.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

phoneguy

Post by phoneguy »

WildBill wrote:
Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:Besides, everyone already knows, you use a .45 for zombies! You can't argue that!
Yes I can argue that! :nono: Every zombie hunter knows that shotguns are the best!

Actually, for zombies, I think this is the best option. :evil2:

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

jimlongley wrote:I will point out that NY, although it is tough to get a carry permit, allows open carry with one.
Is there a specific type of permit Jim? I have had mine for 7 years and trust me you don't want to attempt that.
NRA Benefactor Member

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

jimlongley wrote:I will point out that NY, although it is tough to get a carry permit, allows open carry with one.
"A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree" if they possess a pistol or revolver in NY unless they have a license "issued as provided under section 400.00 or 400.01" or they're a police officer or fall under some other exemption in 265.20.

Moonpie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Moonpie »

I'm gonna play devils advocate for a minute(just for a minute mind you).................... :evil2:

We ALL know there are a LOT of Doofi(doofuss plural) out there.
Do we really want doofi running around with a pistola on their hip?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Moonpie wrote:I'm gonna play devils advocate for a minute(just for a minute mind you).................... :evil2:

The second amendment makes no distinction. Stupid doesn't negate first amendment rights although we wish it would.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flintknapper »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Moonpie wrote:I'm gonna play devils advocate for a minute(just for a minute mind you).................... :evil2:

The second amendment makes no distinction. Stupid doesn't negate first amendment rights although we wish it would.

Anygun
:iagree:

The answer is to try to keep "Stupid" to a minimum, not to circumvent the 2nd amendment because of it.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

In my experience, "smart and stupid" show little or no correlation with someone knowing the difference between "right and wrong."

While many criminals, especially those prone to criminal violence, may be stupid, it's usually not because they don't know the difference between right and wrong. It's more often because they simply don't care.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”