CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Texas Self-Defense & Deadly Force Law Seminar

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm going to do another Texas Self-Defense & Deadly Force Law Seminar on Friday, August 1, 2008 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm PSC either at the PSC range in FM528 in Friendswood, or at the First Baptist Church in Friendswood. I'll firm up the location later. The seminar is free. Seating at either location will be limited; 40 at PSC and ?? at the church.

I'm teaching the NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home class at PSC on Saturday, August 2nd and I always include my seminar as the required legal portion of the course. Since I've had a number of people who wanted to attend the last seminar but couldn't, I decided to open this up to folks who were not in the PPIH class.

Send me an email if you want in the seminar. I will be running an announcement in the PSC Bullseye newsletter, so available slots will fill up quickly. Charles@TexasShooting.com

Chas.

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas Self-Defense & Deadly Force Law Seminar

Post by Venus Pax »

I can't make it; I have something planned that evening.

This is a bump so that others can see it. It's a very informative lecture, and I think everyone needs to hear it at least once.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

winkydo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by winkydo »

is anything like this ever offered in the dfw area?

...you should go on tour.
Criminals don't buy retail. - TLE2

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

He went to the Dallas area last year and spoke at Carlson's church. I imagine it's difficult since he practices law full time, volunteers with his church, the NRA, and his local gun club, and he also has a family. I don't know how he does it all here!

If you're planning on attending the CHL forum in September, he usually does a lecture on the night before. He may also go to Dallas again, but I don't think he can lecture there nearly as often as he can in Houston.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

cxm

Post by cxm »

Just a comment here... anyone who possibly can should attend Charles' seminar... I went last year with my lawyer and we both enjoyed it a lot... and learned a great deal... this should be a must for CHL instructors. The time flew by and we could have listened for 10 hours... it was that good...

FWIW

Chuck
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

cxm wrote:Just a comment here... anyone who possibly can should attend Charles' seminar... I went last year with my lawyer and we both enjoyed it a lot... and learned a great deal... this should be a must for CHL instructors. The time flew by and we could have listened for 10 hours... it was that good...
Amen. If this were a commercial offering you'd expect to pay big bucks. And it would be well worth it.

Charles is uniquely qualified to give this seminar. There is no one in Texas with his specific set of education, experience, training, and commitment.

I wonder if we can talk him into running for Govenor...

Seriously...
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Skiprr wrote:
cxm wrote:Just a comment here... anyone who possibly can should attend Charles' seminar... I went last year with my lawyer and we both enjoyed it a lot... and learned a great deal... this should be a must for CHL instructors. The time flew by and we could have listened for 10 hours... it was that good...
Amen. If this were a commercial offering you'd expect to pay big bucks. And it would be well worth it.

Charles is uniquely qualified to give this seminar. There is no one in Texas with his specific set of education, experience, training, and commitment.

I wonder if we can talk him into running for Govenor...

Seriously...
The seminar is a very valuable experiance, I wish I could get it on DVD, so I could get folks to understand our rights and responsibilties a little better. Every Police officer ,CHL, and gun owner needs this information.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Liberty wrote: The seminar is a very valuable experiance, I wish I could get it on DVD, so I could get folks to understand our rights and responsibilties a little better. Every Police officer ,CHL, and gun owner needs this information.
I've mentioned it before, but I think if Charles would put it on DVD, the DPS would put it on the approved video list. Meaning all instructors could show it. I don't know what it would cost to produce, but I feel sure those costs would be covered plus some for Charles. It would not take me anytime at all to recommend, and ask for permission to use the video through the DPS channels.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

We went to the session he held in Dallas last fall and it was very informative!! I'd recommend everyone who CAN, should go and take friends!!

However, in this world of sound bytes and "cut & paste" technology - I can see why he wouldn't want it filmed or taped to be potentially used out of context.

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Ahhh, thank you, ma'am. For most of us, way out west, chances are slight to attend.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

carnaco

Post by carnaco »

Sounds like something that I should go to.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I was about one week post my CHL class when I attended Charles' seminar. It was GREAT! I was a LEO many years ago, but learned a bunch of things you would have to deal with as a civilian vs. a law enforcement self defense scenario; many I would have never thought of. He does a phenomenal job of presenting in an easy to understand and clear manner. I highly recommend attending if you have the opportunity at all.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Keith B wrote:I highly recommend attending if you have the opportunity at all.
:iagree:

NOBODY prepares and presents like Charles! :txflag:
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

CHLSteve

Post by CHLSteve »

I sent you an email this morning, Charles. Put me down for two attendees, please.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

CHLSteve wrote:I sent you an email this morning, Charles. Put me down for two attendees, please.
I got it; you folks are in. We still have about 10 or 12 slots, but an announcement about the seminar will be coming out in the PSC Bullseye early next week, so it will be full soon. If anyone wants to come, please let me know ASAP. Also, if anyone registered can't come, please let me know so I can let someone else have that slot.

Chas.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”