Collapsible Baton-Legal to Carry in Texas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Collapsible Baton-Legal to Carry in Texas

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 pm

b4aftr wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:48 pm
Yeah, I picked up a monadnock used to try it out. Better than having nothing in certain scenarios.
My only previous definition for "monadnock" was Mount Monadnock in southern New Hampshire.
A monadnock is a prominent hill sitting above a plain, and its granite resisted it being ground down by glacial till, so it stands by itself without hills nearby.

In this case,Monadnock is the maker of a police baton known as model PR-24. The joke is that the PR stands for "Public Relations", and it's 24" long.

Tonight at Academy, I looked over a Smith and Wesson collapsible baton, 16" when fully extended. It comes with a belt holster which will hold it fully retracted. The price was $39.99 and they had several in stock.

https://www.asp-usa.com/collections/batons

The link above allows you to shop for higher end batons, which are priced 3x to 4x the price of the Smith and Wesson. I expect that they must be quite stong, in order to justify their higher price.

SIA
The worst government is also the most moral.
One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane.
But when fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression.

H. L. Mencken, 1880-1956

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:10 pm

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 pm
b4aftr wrote:
Yeah, I picked up a monadnock used to try it out. Better than having nothing in certain scenarios.
My only previous definition for "monadnock" was Mount Monadnock in southern New Hampshire.
A monadnock is a prominent hill sitting above a plain, and its granite resisted it being ground down by glacial till, so it stands by itself without hills nearby.

In this case,Monadnock is the maker of a police baton known as model PR-24. The joke is that the PR stands for "Public Relations", and it's 24" long.

Tonight at Academy, I looked over a Smith and Wesson collapsible baton, 16" when fully extended. It comes with a belt holster which will hold it fully retracted. The price was $39.99 and they had several in stock.

The link above allows you to shop for higher end batons, which are priced 3x to 4x the price of the Smith and Wesson. I expect that they must be quite stong, in order to justify their higher price.

SIA
I actually picked up the 21" S&W tonight on my way home from a meeting. I'll bring it with me to breakfast on saturday so you can check it out.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Where did you pick up a 21" S & W? Bricks and mortar, or over the web?

Price, I'm guessing, was about $49.99?

SIA
The worst government is also the most moral.
One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane.
But when fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression.

H. L. Mencken, 1880-1956

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Where did you pick up a 21" S & W? Bricks and mortar, or over the web?

Price, I'm guessing, was about $49.99?

SIA
39.99 at Academy. It was the last one in the Plano store on 75.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 pm
b4aftr wrote:

SIA
Yeah I actually have the auto lock collapsible version.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”