How long for DPS to process your CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

How long did it take for DPS to process your new or renewal CHL?

New - 60 days or less
48%
New - 61 to 70 days
15%
New - 71 to 80 days
15%
Renewal - 45 days or less
5%
Renewal - 46 to 60 days
5%
Renewal - 61 to 70 days
3%
Additional Processing Time - Timely issued
4%
Additional Processing Time - Not timely issued
6%

Total votes: 340

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Kalrog »

RedRaider wrote::???: That's kind of like me saying I made consistent grades in school, ranging from A's all the way to F's. However, I guess they consistently send it to you if you qualify.
I guess I blew the curve...

Diode
Posts in topic: 54

Re: Matbe they will & maybe they wont...

Post by Diode »

jbenat wrote:Don't worry guys. They are very consistant. You can count on getting your CHL somewhere between 50 to 100 days.
Hey, most people answering the poll question are saying less than 60. That sounds alot better than 50-100. :) Man, I hate to wait...... I was a miserable child 3 weeks before CHristmas...... <heavy sigh>

jbenat
Posts in topic: 29

Re: Maybe they will & maybe they wont...

Post by jbenat »

Diode wrote:
jbenat wrote:Don't worry guys. They are very consistant. You can count on getting your CHL somewhere between 50 to 100 days.
Hey, most people answering the poll question are saying less than 60. That sounds alot better than 50-100. :) Man, I hate to wait...... I was a miserable child 3 weeks before CHristmas...... <heavy sigh>

Have noticed that there is no poll question for people from 80 to 120 or so days without complications? Maybe you have read one of my earlier bleatings that my processing time was 98 day but my wife's was processed in just 54 days. We sent our apps. in on the same day (01/03/2006)! :roll:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

edgarou
Posts in topic: 1

Post by edgarou »

hello everyone first time posting just have a question how long does the CHL take to arrive in the mail it got approved friday 4/14/06
I waited almost 4 months from jan.13 till friday when it got approved.

Flatland2D

Post by Flatland2D »

Mine was approved last Friday also. Based off others' experiences, I am expecting to have it today.

RedRaider
Posts in topic: 18

Post by RedRaider »

Flatland2D wrote:Mine was approved last Friday also. Based off others' experiences, I am expecting to have it today.
Just curious, when did they receive your packet?

trypsin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by trypsin »

How long should it be before i get my pin number or some sort of corrospondence saying that have at least recieved my application? Its been two months and i have heard absolutly nothing. I am starting to worry that it might have gotten lost! :(

AggieMM
Posts in topic: 15

Post by AggieMM »

trypsin wrote:How long should it be before i get my pin number or some sort of corrospondence saying that have at least recieved my application? Its been two months and i have heard absolutly nothing. I am starting to worry that it might have gotten lost! :(
Seems the current average is 4 weeks, so since you're beyond that, I'd call them.

Ryan

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

edgarou wrote:hello everyone first time posting just have a question how long does the CHL take to arrive in the mail it got approved friday 4/14/06
I waited almost 4 months from jan.13 till friday when it got approved.
Uh... is my math off or is that only 3 months? 90 days still is unacceptable, but not as bad as 120.

Flatland2D

Post by Flatland2D »

RedRaider wrote:
Flatland2D wrote:Mine was approved last Friday also. Based off others' experiences, I am expecting to have it today.
Just curious, when did they receive your packet?
DPS recieved my packet on February 6th. 68 days processing.

My wife just called and said I got a present in the mail. Hmm... what could that be?

Flatland2D

Post by Flatland2D »

Yep, got that purty little red, white and blue card in the mail today. Envelope was postmarked two days ago (Monday) and status changed to "issued" last Friday.

Now I'm off to go get acquainted with my new "priviledge." Glad to have it all taken care of now.

jbenat
Posts in topic: 29

Way Too Long!!!!

Post by jbenat »

TRYPSIN:

Get on the horn tomorrow. That's too long. You should get a letter with a pin # within a month at least. Sometimes someone falls through the cracks.

Good luck. Sic em!!! :twisted:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

RedRaider
Posts in topic: 18

Post by RedRaider »

While we all patiently waiting, I just thought I'd ask, how many times a day do you check to see if your status has changed on the website. I think I check atleast 10 times. I guess I should remove the word patiently from my first sentence.

skerbo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by skerbo »

Today I am sitting at 56 days since it was received on the 23rd of Feb. To answer your question RedRaider (sssss I'm and Aggie :cool: ) I usually check once I get to work in the morning, then once again right after lunch, then finally when I get home just after 5.

Hmmm, just now thinking about it, I guess the first thing in the morning and the after the work day checks are redundant as they most definitely won't work between 5 pm and 8 am. Oh well, won't change my schedule anyways hah.

Impatiently waiting
Skerbo

AggieMM
Posts in topic: 15

Post by AggieMM »

RedRaider wrote:While we all patiently waiting, I just thought I'd ask, how many times a day do you check to see if your status has changed on the website. I think I check atleast 10 times. I guess I should remove the word patiently from my first sentence.
Once a day until I reached day 55, then it was twice a day minimum, morning and late afternoon. But, If I'm bored, I'll check for the heck of it. :grin:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”