State Park carry?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TomS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: State Park carry?

Post by TomS »

All this confusion of where it’s legal to carry is bull, causing the unnecessary stress on law abiding citizens. It bugs me to death that I still can’t have my gun in my vehicle on military bases but they issued me an m16a1 and eight 30 round magazines every day at work on base for years. I guess people don’t go postal at work, only off duty. Ridiculous, at best.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:26 am
Ruark wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:28 pm Whoa, whoa, whooooooa. Read that federal law again. It says "the possession of loaded firearms...." So if you're on COE property, you can carry, but just keep the magazine handy. Right?
No. Federal regulation 357.13 (a) Possession of loaded firearms, ammunition......is prohibited.
You got the citation off by one digit....probably a typo, right? But your point is correct. The correct cite is 36 CFR 327.13 (a) https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2002- ... 327-13.pdf. The document title is “Corps of Engineers, Army, DoD“.....
§327.13 Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.
  • (a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless:
    • (1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;
      (2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under §327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;
      (3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or
      (4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

This thread proves we have way too much gov't, way to many laws, and no respect for the 2nd Amendment and it's original meaning and intent.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

This thread proves we have way too much gov't, way to many laws, and no respect for the 2nd Amendment and it's original meaning and intent.
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

This thread proves we have way too much gov't, far too many laws, far too many people in power with zero respect for the original meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment.

When a man has to work this hard just to figure out how to keep from running afoul of the law something is wrong.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

WildRose wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 pm This thread proves we have way too much gov't, far too many laws, far too many people in power with zero respect for the original meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment.

When a man has to work this hard just to figure out how to keep from running afoul of the law something is wrong.
Agreed... I've decided to just carry at state parks unless I see 30.06/07 signs or unless I'm told via verbal or written communication... Plus... camping without a firearm and having to fight off a coyote is kinda like takin a dump with no toilet paper... I dont wanna have to use my hands...
NRA Member

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

WildRose wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 pm This thread proves we have way too much gov't, far too many laws, far too many people in power with zero respect for the original meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment.

While not everyone appreciates her writing and she had some pretty screwed up ideas, Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" was perhaps even more prescient than Orwell's 1984 about where we are today and where we are heading. My favorite quote is this one. For those who don't know, the Reardon character in the book had invented a very unique and useful metal that the government was in the process of taking from him. Dr. Ferris, a spokesman for the government delivers the message.
We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them...you create a nation of lawbreakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden." (2.2.3.39)
And yes, my citation in a previous post was a typo. I had the COE page in a separate window and couldn't seem to type it correctly.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:27 pm

While not everyone appreciates her writing and she had some pretty screwed up ideas, Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" was perhaps even more prescient than Orwell's 1984 about where we are today and where we are heading. My favorite quote is this one. For those who don't know, the Reardon character in the book had invented a very unique and useful metal that the government was in the process of taking from him. Dr. Ferris, a spokesman for the government delivers the message.
We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them...you create a nation of lawbreakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden." (2.2.3.39)
And yes, my citation in a previous post was a typo. I had the COE page in a separate window and couldn't seem to type it correctly.
Both are excellent reads.

My point is that no man should have to go to such lengths to ensure he's not in violation when simply exercising what is a specifically, constitutionally protected right.

The language of the amendment isn't the least bit ambiguous nor are all of the historical citations relative to it.
There's something fundamentally wrong the the criminalizing of simply possessing a firearm when the owner is legally eligible to possess one at all.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”