Erosion

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
psijac
Posts in topic: 2

Erosion

Post by psijac »

I recently found a hole in my pocket. I keep a spare magazine in there, so i stopped carrying it. I recently took a job where i have to go to several different hospitals wit Valid 30.06 so i can't carry to work anymore. I still carry whenever I can but circumstance has forced a lot of inconsistency in my packing habits. it feels like its not worth carrying anymore.

Anyone have good advice to turn this trend around?
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Erosion

Post by marksiwel »

psijac wrote:I recently found a hole in my pocket. I keep a spare magazine in there, so i stopped carrying it. I recently took a job where i have to go to several different hospitals wit Valid 30.06 so i can't carry to work anymore. I still carry whenever I can but circumstance has forced a lot of inconsistency in my packing habits. it feels like its not worth carrying anymore.

Anyone have good advice to turn this trend around?
1. Get a new Job.
2. Carry a "Fighting Pen"
3. Concealed means concealed.
4. Go outside at 2 in the Morning, now tell me you dont want to be packing (watch out for Mormans ;-) )
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boomerang »

marksiwel wrote:
psijac wrote:Anyone have good advice to turn this trend around?
1. Get a new Job.
I understand not everyone is willing to make that choice, especially now, but it's the most practical solution.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

Yeah, I cant carry, got some antis in my work place, but I need the job and the fish aint biting

GhostTX

Post by GhostTX »

Wear the holster, but put leave gun in the car when you're about to go in the hospital. No felony for having an empty holster inside a 30.06 area...
XD40 Service in Supertuck
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

ericlw
Banned

Post by ericlw »

accually a lot of hospitals in the medical center are improperly posted or not at all. the usda building probably about the only building you cant at all for any reason since its federal.

marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

Pepper Spray, Tasers, Knives, "Tactical Pens" , your cell phone, your fists, and you wits are also some great Weapons/tools.

tarkus

Post by tarkus »

Other weapons are good but they do little to turn the trend around.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

A-R

Post by A-R »

tarkus wrote:Other weapons are good but they do little to turn the trend around.
Exactly - and all those "other tools" are what the antis recommend and use :nono:

Topic author
psijac
Posts in topic: 2

Post by psijac »

I am the only one of my friends with a CHL. I asked my friends (that knew I carried) what they though of me selling my gun. All of them advocated keeping my gun.

It seems while they refused to carry or even own a firearm they liked having a friend that did. :headscratch
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Fredd

Post by Fredd »

psijac wrote:I am the only one of my friends with a CHL. I asked my friends (that knew I carried) what they though of me selling my gun. All of them advocated keeping my gun.

It seems while they refused to carry or even own a firearm they liked having a friend that did. :headscratch
That's one of the reasons I don't discuss it with casual friends. My CHL is to defend me and people I love. Not people I merely like.

Friends can get their own CHL and start carrying, unless they're criminals, but I still don't want to get involved in their problems.

texjames

Post by texjames »

Here are some great moves...i been studying them for about 6 months and doing pretty good....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K-mrlYG7Y
USAF 71-91 retired
CHL #3 04/10

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

texjames wrote:Here are some great moves...i been studying them for about 6 months and doing pretty good....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K-mrlYG7Y
You randomly throw barstools at people and bang their heads off tables? Holy cow! "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

I bought a daytimer/planner at Carter's Country that has a compartment for a concealed handgun with holster and extra magazine, the top opens up with a leather latch just like any other dayplanner with a place for business cards, a calculator, notes, etc, the compartment with the pistol is zipped. It has eliminated a lot of my worry about carrying in work situations because it looks no different than any other dayplanner, and I can also dresss casual without having to worry about concealing it on my person. It doesnt eliminate 30.06 issues, but it does eliminate any worry of discovery in my professional career and I always have it. I take it to meetings, lunch appointments, Church, etc. I carry a full size Glock 21 .45 and my pistol fits perfectly, and any other smaller pistol or revolver will work just as well. It makes concealing a pistol very easy and I highly recommend it especially during the summer when professional casual wear is predominant in South Texas. You will be surprised how many applications this dayplanner will work where carrying on your person doesnt always fit. The way it is designed is that you have acces to everything you need for a meeting without having to open the zipper compartment holding the pistol.

The drawback is quick accesibility, but your only talking a few more seconds to retrieve it than on your person. My opinion and this is my opinion if you cant get this thing out in time to protect yourself you didnt have the upper hand anyway and you better start looking for other options to get the heck out of the situation.
6th Generation Texan

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”