Completeing Renewal Class Over 6 Months Before Expiration

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
EricS76
Posts in topic: 2

Completeing Renewal Class Over 6 Months Before Expiration

Post by EricS76 »

So I got the wife and I signed up for a renewal class on May 15. I called the Texas CHL office to make sure I could still use my paperwork since I received it a month ago and they recently changed the process. I got the info I needed on that, but I also asked for them to send renewal documents for my wife. The lady said that it was too early for her to take the class and she would have to wait. Now as I understand, renewal applicants should take the class within 6 months before the expiration date. Her birthday is Nov. 20th. So May 20th would be 6 months before her license expires. Being has how you have 6 weeks to send the renewal paperwork in, she should be able to take the class on the 15th, wait a few weeks then send the paperwork in because by then it will be within 6 months of expiration. Am I on the right track here or does she really need to wait? If she doesn't take the class with me, I'll never get her to take it on her own.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Completeing Renewal Class Over 6 Months Before Expiratio

Post by Crossfire »

She does not need the renewal packet to take the class.

She can take the class now, and get her application from DPS later, and send it in at the appropriate time.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
EricS76
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Completeing Renewal Class Over 6 Months Before Expiratio

Post by EricS76 »

Thank you for replying. That is the info I needed.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”