CHL Finaly came in

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jbo378
Posts in topic: 5

CHL Finaly came in

Post by jbo378 »

Well, my chl came in this past wk while i was out of town, boohoo. I could not wait to get back home for the wknd. Got home on Friday and now im straped. Had not been able to go to wallyworld yet but I have been to a couple of resteraunts. MAN I HAVE BEEN NERVOUSE. Hopefully that will go away with time. I think my wife is getting tired of me asking her if she can see anything. Have to go out of town again for buisness to Oklahoma so wont be able to carry while working. I have been doing construction work at Fort Sill in Oklahoma and havnt done the research to sse if I can carry on the base. Dont think I can. STILL LEARNING. I will make sure to go to WallyWorld next wknd and will let everyone know how it goes. Just cant wait until the nervousness goes away lol.
03/27/10-Took CHL Classs
03/29/10-Mailed App. to DPS
04/23/10-Letter Recieved, Forgot to Sign Photo, Sent back the same day
06/08/10-CHL In hand, 3 days before my birthday, woohoo

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL Finaly came in

Post by baldeagle »

According to this - http://www.slate.com/id/2234736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - you must leave your gun with the base guards. According to this - http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin ... bases.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Naval bases will not store your weapon for you, so you should not bring it to the base. It would probably be best to contact the base and ask for their official policy. I would certainly do that before bringing a weapon to the gate.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
jbo378

Post by jbo378 »

Thanx for the info. I most likely will not take it for the fact that I will be in a company service truck and I have to wear a tool belt and safety harness while working so it would probably be impossible and too uncomfterble to wear.
03/27/10-Took CHL Classs

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

Congratulations, yes the nervousness will go away. :thumbs2:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Before you know it you will not even remember your hangun is on you, just like getting dressed in the morning and putting on socks....
Salty1

Quahog

Post by Quahog »

Take a deep breath and realize that most folks have no clue that you're carrying. It's mostly all in your head. Congratulations BTW! :cheers2:
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

Topic author
jbo378

Post by jbo378 »

Thanx to every1. I just got back from Wal-Mart and everything went good. However I kinda cheated. I traded my over the waistband holster for my in the waist holster and carried at about 1Oclock. The nerveousness instantly went away because I know that no one can see it there. I would rather carry on my side so ill just have to keep going out with it and quit cheating lol.
03/27/10-Took CHL Classs

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jbo378 wrote: I traded my over the waistband holster for my in the waist holster and carried at about 1Oclock.
Lefty?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
jbo378

Post by jbo378 »

No Im right handed and have two ways right now that I can carry. I can carry at about 12:30 to 1 with my in the waist band holster and the way i want to carry is at 3 o'clock with my over the waist band holster. Some times I think Im just to damn skinny and any thing will poke out and show but I know im just being paranoid lol. I want to get me a supper tuck crossbreed but then I will probably have to add a couple of sizes in my pants.
Sorry annoyed man just noticed my 1 o'clock looks like 10 lmao.
03/27/10-Took CHL Classs

Nativetexan2

Post by Nativetexan2 »

Believe everyone when they say the nervousness will go away. I got my plastic on May 27 and have carried pretty much 24/7 since. I didn't even think twice about it the first couple of days. Now I feel naked without it.
Plastic - 05/27/10

Taurus PT140
S&W Sigma 40VE

Topic author
jbo378

Post by jbo378 »

ok sry for the late reply. I have been carrying everywhere i go except when i have to go out of town for work and thank you everyone. You were right i have gottten pretty used to it and now i cant imagine going without it.
03/27/10-Took CHL Classs

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”